• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple ammo system FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
What its supposed to do:

-A unit picks up a gun (Shotgun or Battle rifle), upon using said gun he is replaced with the unit type respectivly.

-When using either rifle clips or shotgun clips it should reload the gun

-When dropping a gun WHILE equipped, the weapon is replaced with a weaponless marine.

-Once aquiring a gun you cannot carry another type of that same gun.

-It should work with atleast 4 players.

What it DOES:

-A unit picks up the item and uses it. Ok he gets replaced.

-A unit uses the clip/shells ok it works.

-A unit drops the item, the item is cloned (Wtf?) and a version with no charges remains in his inventory, his clip is duplicated and the gun is dropped. He's changed to weaponless marine atleast.

-Player 2 cannot reload (Wtfzzzzz)

-Bugs while having both a shotgun and battlerifle then attempting to reload one. (The equipped one is supposed to reload)

Fuck, I fail hardcore. Im gonna post a little map of the shit system I made in 15 minutes but spent like 2 hours trying to fix.

I dont even feel like remaking it or even trying to because I know i'll fuck up again. I dont get it, it should be such a simple thing to make considering I can do much more. Ill attach the map, as long as it does what I desire it to do I dont care how you do it.

Yes it fails, please dont mention it.

EDIT: Problem fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.