• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siege on the castle

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This Is Castle Siege It Is Kil'jaeden Arthas And Alexandros Mograine That Storms A castle The Castle Defenders Only Hafto Survive For 1 hour

Keywords:
wow Wc3 Castle Siege
Contents

Siege on the castle (Map)

Reviews
15:19, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: See post #4. Rejected.

M

15:19, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
See post #4. Rejected.

Level 31
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be Rejected because of site rules violation and extreamly poor quality.

1. Description at THW is pretty lacking. One sentece is clearly not enough. That's one of points that is against the site rules.
2. I don't see the list of credits of custom materials that have been added to your resource. Second point which is against the site rules.
3. Melee type of map? You must be joking.. Fix it immediately.
4. Camera work is terrible. Use different angles and more of it, that's the way to make map more interesting to play.
5. Objectives, that are necessary, do not exist.
6. Wrongly developed unit selection scales. Most of units, especially heroes, has too small selection scale rates.
7. Terrain and environment art is crap. Work of 5 minutes, or 10 minutes if you don't oriantate well at palettes. Use doodads, lots of it. Entire map contains with 2 variations of ground types and same trees everywhere.

You people rated it 3/5 for no reason, especially when this resource is not worth 3/5, at least now.

Level 4
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be Rejected because of site rules violation and extreamly poor quality.

1. Description at THW is pretty lacking. One sentece is clearly not enough. That's one of points that is against the site rules.
2. I don't see the list of credits of custom materials that have been added to your resource. Second point which is against the site rules.
3. Melee type of map? You must be joking.. Fix it immediately.
4. Camera work is terrible. Use different angles and more of it, that's the way to make map more interesting to play.
5. Objectives, that are necessary, do not exist.
6. Wrongly developed unit selection scales. Most of units, especially heroes, has too small selection scale rates.
7. Terrain and environment art is crap. Work of 5 minutes, or 10 minutes if you don't oriantate well at palettes. Use doodads, lots of it. Entire map contains with 2 variations of ground types and same trees everywhere.

You people rated it 3/5 for no reason, especially when this resource is not worth 3/5, at least now.

whell if you now are so good why don't you help me change stuff on it btv i'm new att this!!

Level 31
whell if you now are so good why don't you help me change stuff on it btv i'm new att this!!

1) Your map, your responsibility. If you don't want to take a responsibility for your map, then don't make a map at all.

2) Being newbie is not an excuse, we have a tutorial for you to read and understand it while a forum for you to ask question.

Tutorial and forum are not for decoration, learn to use it.

3) We already help, by pointing out where you need to improve it.

No I voted for 1, that Zamuel voted for 5.

Voting must be done with valid reasons.

Level 11
What is "hafto"??

hafto = have to ^^

• The terrain is extremely bad. Bad water placement, bad cliff level, no tile variation, no doodads no nothing.
  • Many, many typos.
  • You do not describe your spells properly and some icons are missing.
  • You do not provide sufficient information, not in THW nor in the map.
  • No storyline whatsoever. Mograine is (or was) the commander of the Scarlet Crusade. Arthas is the Lich King's most faithful servant and Kil'jaeden is a Legion demonlord, a big rival of Lich King and Arthas.
  • You do not give credits for the models/triggers you use.
  • Melee triggers? WTF? I tried to test the map and I won the moment the map loaded.
  • Your triggers leak, big time.
  • No visible objectives and no countdown timer for victory conditions.
  • 0 AI
  • Your heros don't have any custom skills, not even altered ones, save for the Jump! skill. It's pretty obvious that you just changed the models, keeping the melee skills.
  • There are like 10,000 walls stuffed one next to the other. I tried to move them in the WE, moved about 10 of them and there was still a wall there...

1/5 and voted for Rejection

He didn't say he is good, he pointed out the mistakes in your map. There's nothing wrong with being new, just try and improve yourself. Besides, if other people make YOUR maps, you will be new for ever.

Level 18
Ok, so here is my review of the map.

1) First thing was the loading screen where was just "info" and nothing useful information.
2) There is leaking icon for jump.
3) Jump has no mana cost & cooldown.
4) Pikeman has shockwave but no mana.
5) You didn`t noticed that there will be reinforcements so it was kinda surprise for me.
6) The gate is opening.. nice. But what about closing?
7) Generally no important info about the map.
8) The terrain ...
9)I understand that titan is ... a titan but he`s a little bit too big.
10) It`s not melee map.

EDIT: Ahh and I forgot about language mistakes.

Level 2
Things to work on

1. Pathing: This map feels like it wasn't play tested. The pathing issues make it almost unplayable, most of the game consists of watching 100 units stand on a bridge while 10 in the front fight. There need to more paths to go down if you are going to use that many units.

2. Balance: It is difficult for the castle player to win against 1 person, so I can hardly imagine what it would be like 1 on 3, I see no mechanics balancing this.

3. Bugs/Missing tooltips, get on them, they really detract from any game, jump is broken just to name 1.

4. Unit group spawns: What's with the timed spawning of giant clusters of units? Let the players play, getting giant infusions of units makes it feel like im not doing anything when I make my 10-15 units.

5. Resources: Why even have them? They are not limiting at all, the only thing that limits the number of units you can make is time.

6. Hidden mechanics: You MUST explain to the player what the hell is going on. Bad guys siege the castle is fairly obvious, but do the good guys go route the badguy camps? Anything that is different than melee needs to be explained somewhere, and there's alot thats different than melee.

Level 4
hafto = have to ^^

• The terrain is extremely bad. Bad water placement, bad cliff level, no tile variation, no doodads no nothing.
  • Many, many typos.
  • You do not describe your spells properly and some icons are missing.
  • You do not provide sufficient information, not in THW nor in the map.
  • No storyline whatsoever. Mograine is (or was) the commander of the Scarlet Crusade. Arthas is the Lich King's most faithful servant and Kil'jaeden is a Legion demonlord, a big rival of Lich King and Arthas.
  • You do not give credits for the models/triggers you use.
  • Melee triggers? WTF? I tried to test the map and I won the moment the map loaded.
  • Your triggers leak, big time.
  • No visible objectives and no countdown timer for victory conditions.
  • 0 AI
  • Your heros don't have any custom skills, not even altered ones, save for the Jump! skill. It's pretty obvious that you just changed the models, keeping the melee skills.
  • There are like 10,000 walls stuffed one next to the other. I tried to move them in the WE, moved about 10 of them and there was still a wall there...

1/5 and voted for Rejection

He didn't say he is good, he pointed out the mistakes in your map. There's nothing wrong with being new, just try and improve yourself. Besides, if other people make YOUR maps, you will be new for ever.

i did alreddy know about that whit arthas and so but i only made this map for LAN whit my freinds so i can take it away if evertbody wants me to so much