• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should I continue my Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I made a pretty good map in WC3 and was wondering if I should continue working on it, or make a version of it on SC2.

It's called City Defense and it's a game about the Undead attacking a city, the city gets 1 hero per player (The undead does as well) and Levels that hero, makes buildings, and a army, all to protect the king, which is the target of the Undead. Its 8 Humans + The city Vs. 3 Undead.

What should I do? Continue or Re-Make?

Level 7
I think there's more to it than simply 8 vs 3. The Undead will most likely have bigger armies, despite having less players.

Like Archangel, I'd say that making it in WC3 would be the better choice. I haven't played SC2 but I can tell you that it would be hard to get the right feeling in there. However, you could adapt it to a more Starcrafty storyline, for example a Terran city being invaded by the Zerg.

Level 3
I think there's more to it than simply 8 vs 3. The Undead will most likely have bigger armies, despite having less players.

Like Archangel, I'd say that making it in WC3 would be the better choice. I haven't played SC2 but I can tell you that it would be hard to get the right feeling in there. However, you could adapt it to a more Starcrafty storyline, for example a Terran city being invaded by the Zerg.

Hmm indeed you have point there. I completely agree with bold text.

Level 3
Well, I'd say there are already lots of maps like this in Wacraft 3, and I guerss there is more space for creativity in SC2.
Plus in SC2 there's more different stuff you van make with data editor.

Yes, but he already started WC3 project, and it would be better if he finished it to see if people like how his map works, and then just to remake map in SC2 engine.

Level 27
Yes, but he already started WC3 project, and it would be better if he finished it to see if people like how his map works, and then just to remake map in SC2 engine.

Pfffft. I abandoned my WC3 map (Still, might finish it one day if I'll fel like it), started a new one in SC2, and well, I realised that SC2 gives more different posibilities for map making.

Level 3
Pfffft. I abandoned my WC3 map (Still, might finish it one day if I'll fel like it), started a new one in SC2, and well, I realised that SC2 gives more different posibilities for map making.

It really depends on how much of his map is already completed.

Level 17
If the map is greater than 75% completed then finish it, if not then accept the fact WC3 is dead and move onto SC2.

Level 7
WC3 dead? Not nearly.

But I do agree that there are a big number of similar WC3 maps, as tleno said. I didn't think about that. I don't think anyone will miss another defense map in the WC3 section, but if you've already done a massive chunk of it then it would be a waste to throw it away.

Level 30
continue where you started your map, don't ever jump on another field because you doubt it would get to waste, just keep it up and wait for critiques, if your game is accepted then just update it, and if it fails, then move on another role. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.