• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shooting trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
using some abilities and triggers, can I make my hero just shoot straight when I press certain key? without pointing my cursor, just shooting straight.. how can I do it?

Level 28
There's only a few keys you can trigger with.
You can catch those, create a dummy with the same model as your missile model facing the triggering unit's facing angle and have it move using a periodic Unit Move trigger until it reaches an enemy unit or if your expiration timer runs out and then turn off the move unit trigger.

Level 5
There's only a few keys you can trigger with.
You can catch those, create a dummy with the same model as your missile model facing the triggering unit's facing angle and have it move using a periodic Unit Move trigger until it reaches an enemy unit or if your expiration timer runs out and then turn off the move unit trigger.

I'm actually quite weak at triggering, can you write the triggers here? I don't even know how to create a dummy..

Level 5
it screwed up my hero's other abilities, when I use spells like cluster rockets, it shoots one rocket straight like a dummy unit.. but my shoot ability doesn't work.. how to fix that?

Level 5
Perhaps you did not configure the ShootAbility in the Shoot Setup.
Change that to your ability.

I did everything well :goblin_good_job: and I have last question if it's worth your time.. sorry for so many questions.. how to make this ability damage destructibles and neutral units too? it only damages enemy units..

Level 5
Here's a test map.

It now damages:
1. Passive Neutral
2. Enemy Units
3. Destructibles (Bridges/Ramps and Trees/Destructibles)

that's all I needed, thanks!! :goblin_good_job: but when I launched the game and fired some bullets, some errors came out by the way after 1 minutes of throwing.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.