• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Light Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sorry, I was unsure of were exactly too put this. It may contain both triggering and modeling, im unsure.

But do you think it is possible to create a custom lighting system?

So if I was carying a flashlight in the game, can the light it shoots out be customized to point in the direction my player is looking (i dont mean a straight line, more of a filled 'V' shape)?

Level 9
It might be possible but an awful lot of work if you dont want a circular radius line of sight.

You would need a custom shaped model for a v, and I think a bunch of dummy units with little sight ranges to be rotated constantly with the unit as it moves. Its more than a little bit of trouble.

I have a light model if you want it, it's attached. You'll have to convert it to mdx. It should be self explanatory how to modify it if you open it in a text editor. If it isn't, ask someone who knows about these things.

Sadly however, it is circular and would require something like an invisible box around it to simulate a V. You may also need to contact a modeller for that.

Attachments

• BaseLight.mdl
    502 bytes · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.