• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shockwave - A slight cosmetic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is not a huge problem, but it's rather annoying and just doesn't look good.

I made a custom Shockwave that travels a long distance. Sadly the projectile art and terrain ripple isnt aligned, and the farther it goes the worse it looks.
Just take a peek at the attachment and you'll know what I mean. It's the projectile that deals damage, btw.

So, any thoughts on how to fix this? I've tried a Carrion Swarm with 1 as final area with success, but it's rather limiting as I had to use a smaller projectile, making the whole thing rather puny for a fearsome final boss. Also I couldn't change the target art (black smoke thing) no matter what.

What I want is a line spell that damages an area either without a ripple, or with the ripple aligned.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• shockwave.jpg
    shockwave.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 169
Level 10
You can change breath of fire so its damage isnt cone shaped (set aoe and final aoe to the sakme number), then change how far it shoots that would work BUT im not sure if it damages people in a line or if it picks every unit that it WILL hit and damages them at the same time. Kind of hard to explain..... But try this method out,

Status
Not open for further replies.