• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Shield Attachments not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here is a screenshot of the footman and ogre with a shield attachment:
Bad Shield!.jpg

Not sure why its doing this, I used the right hand shield version, and it did this for the other shield I imported. Maybe its just the model? Or the units?? But I mean the shield is screwed up with both units, though in different ways, maybe there's an arm attachment I don't know?? Please help fellow hivers, rep and cookies!

Thanks in advance.

Level 37
Can you link what attachment it is? It could be that the attachment is designed for the villager man that has many animations. Different units have attachment points that behave differently, attached stuff may become rotated incorrectly. The pic could be a bit better.

You may have to edit the model in War 3 model editor so it attaches correctly.

Level 8
Can you link what attachment it is? It could be that the attachment is designed for the villager man that has many animations. Different units have attachment points that behave differently, attached stuff may become rotated incorrectly. The pic could be a bit better.

You may have to edit the model in War 3 model editor so it attaches correctly.

Yes I think that is most definetely the issue. Here is the shield in question:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rustier-wooden-buckler-59477/?prev=search%3Drusty%2520shield%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Would someone please edit it so that it works for an ogre?

Status
Not open for further replies.