• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sheep Tag VS Tree Tag v7.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is a combine of Sheep Tag and Tree Tag. This map is protected.

There are two modes to this map.

Survival: you Win by either killing Wolfes and Infernals or just evadeing incomeing attacks.
or you lose by everyone on the Sheep and Ent team dieing.

Timed: You have to survive for 30min against the Wolf and infernal attacks.

Sheeps: You have a better chance at surviveing at massing as u have a faster run speed, although u can still cut trees. You cannot regrow them as a sheep.

Ents: Slightly slower than the Sheep. Your best chance of surviveing in in the trees. Dont forget to cover you tracks by useing the regrow Button.

If you die you go the the middle as a Spirit and can be revived when a ally attacks you. The incentive to save is you become "black" sheep/ent and get you special ability. e.g blink, speed, mini ect. You also get 100g which u can spend on walls and upgrades.

There are many different classes you can be, but you do not get your special ability until you are black.

Wolfs & Infernals: Your job is to hunt and kill the Sheep and Ents. Increase your chances of killing the sheep and ents by buying powerful items. (You Can also change into a sheep disguise). In version 7.3 there will be a item shop where you Can buy units.

I changed almost every trigger and buffed and debuffed and fixed bugs on this map.

V7.3- Adding a votekick (hopefully) - have tryed a few times and failed.
- Adding a unit shop for Wolfes and Infernals
- Adding a Vote to chose the mode.
- Maybe adding a "chose ur class" menu.

This is a fasted paced map. It dosnt take long for you to be Ressurected (like in tree tag (sometimes)).

Enjoy! =)

Keywords:
sheep Tag, tree tag, sheep tag vs tree tag, survival, hide, forest, fun, woot, 1337 h4x0r, Sandstormer
Contents

Sheep Tag VS Tree Tag v7.2 (Map)

Reviews
15:15, 31st Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected See post #6 for the review.

M

15:15, 31st Oct 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

See post #6 for the review.

Level 12
Horrible description. Also, what makes this different from all the other clone maps? Nothing. Also, this map is protected, so I couldn't take a look at your *probably* bad triggers. Since it's protected, add -opt or prot to your map name, so we'll know it's protected.

It seems like you're just trying to get your name noticed.

1/5 and vote for rejection. Let's see if ap0calypse disagrees. :wink:

Level 2
i dunno how a description should look ill have a look at others

i just signed up and i thought u protect a map on this

and thanks... Aesthetics, did u try playing it?

PS. I dont know what happened to mini-map how can i fix it (it dosnt look like it ingame)

Level 28

Review:

Terrain:

The terrain is very bad, you have used a lot of blizzard cliffs (for walls), there is nearly no variation in tileset (the only variaton that can be found is in the middle, on a path or an open spot and it's very often dirt.
There are no doodads (apart from trees), nothing that makes the terrain look better (such as a fog, or perhaps a weather effect).

Gameplay:

Basically a mix between Tree Tag and Sheep Tag, but then not as advanced...
There are no game modes, you can't choose between tree/sheep or infernal/wolf (only at the start, but it's pre-set).

Objects

This is very porly done: as a sheep/tree, you only have a few actual buildings (a farm and a tower).
There should actually be some upgrades instead of those 4 seperate farm-types, a money farm is good as a seperate building, but a hard farm, an aura farm, a slow tower or a stun tower - these could all be upgrades.
Take your time to invent stuff rather than copy then.
You have also clearly copied the farms to use them as trees, since their names/descriptions are wrong (upgraded farm, stun farm, frost farm - these are all trees, the invisible farm has a wrong description).

You don't know how the damage formula works, so you get things like 71-72 damage, 1-0 damage, etc...
The items are bad (almost all are standard and have standard descriptions, the ones that are custom are misleading - I expected the 3 legendary swords to combine, for example).

Others/Misc:

The map is protected, so I have no idea how the triggers have been done (if possible, I would like to see an unprotected version, since I think that they're quite bad).
The quests also don't say anything about the gameplay and there are too many enters in the FAQ (1 enter between each Q&A would suffice).

1/5 - rejected.

Level 2
Triggers are my thing. There all pretty good.

You don't know how the damage formula works- true. (i need some help)

I expected the 3 legendary swords to combine - i might add it

1 enter between each Q&A would suffice - okay

There should actually be some upgrades instead of those 4 seperate farm-types - Good point ill look into it

There are no game modes - yes there are. Survival and Timed.

(if possible, I would like to see an unprotected version, since I think that they're quite bad- there not. Triggers are my thing. im sorry. after my Other versions were stolen and edited (around v1.5) i have protected em from 2.2 onwards. i have made alot of changes since then, i dont want em stolen. (not saying u would steal but if u tested it live (unprotected) someone else might.

PS. what do i do now. Upload a fix or??

Also. Offtopic question. Am i aloud to upload maps i have deprotected and remastered up on hive?? (aka Eras zombie Invasion 0.83 v18)

Last edited:
Level 28
I never test on a public server, I have my own "crew" of testers, though if you say triggers are your thing, I will just go with that.

Survival/Timed is a bit... mehh :p there isn't a huge difference between them.

Do not upload a fix, instead update this map (and only when you think it can get approved, otherwise I will just reject it again).

Do not upload other people's map: first of all, you need their permission to deprotect, edit and upload it (if you didn't get permission for one of those 3 things, you may not upload it).
It is called stealing and you will get banned for it, since there's a high anti-stealing policy on the hive.

Damage Formula:

(taken from my object editor tutorial, which is on another site).

Because of the lack of knowledge of the object editor, there are a lot of maps where a unit has "500-501" damage, or "500-499", while it should be "500-500".
It may seem a bit weird at first, but it's really easy... I will try to guide you through this so you can calculate the damage in a few seconds (it doesn't take longer than 10 seconds, for me at least).

You can see 3 damage data:
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Base (A)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Number of Dice (B)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Sides per Die (C)

I have given letters to each data, to make it look a bit better.
The rough formula is:
(A+B)-(A + (B * C))​
Of course, nobody feels like doing this every time...

The first number of the damage is very simple, let's say we want 50-60 damage.
The first number is 50, so we need to create 50...
A = 49
B = 1
49 + 1 = 50​
Everyone agrees with me here I hope.
Now the second damage, we have already defined A and B, so the only thing left is C.

I have made it really simple for us, since I've made B = 1.
The formula now says:
50-(A + (1 * C))
OR
50-(a + c)​
Very simple: 49 + 11 = 60, so C needs to be 11...

Overview:
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Base (49)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Number of Dice (1)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Sides per Die (11)

With this we have 50-60 damage.

To get simple damages, like 50-50, 45-45, 100-100, etc...
You just need to set A = (damage - 1) and B and C = 1.
Then you get something like:
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Base (49)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Number of Dice (1)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Sides per Die (1)

Which gives 50-50 damage.

That's all there is to it, to make it easy for yourself: try to set B=1 as much as possible.
I don't do it myself, but that's because my math isn't bad...

Level 2
Im not to sure if i want the dmg to be 50-50 (for eg) .. im thinking of having a sorta of "The farms always dont din in 2 hits" some might die in 3 some 4 some 2 kinda thing. but im sure im going to use ur formula.

with the deprotection issue. what about if they are never on or rarely on. i mean Eras Zombie Invasion 0.83 v18 is a fun map with needed changes. i can never get into contact with anteep so i havent asked for permission by saying that i have deprotected the map restored all gui triggers and terrain unit data and custom models. (im now in the process of editing it). So do i have to wait for permission before i upload? until its allowed on the hive.??

Level 28
SandStormer said:
So do i have to wait for permission before i upload? until its allowed on the hive.??
Well, yeah... to quote the rules:
Map Rules said:
Original Work
All maps must be significantly worked on, if not entirely created, by their submitter. Maps that were edited from someone else's work must include proof of permission to edit that work, and the original author may request that the map be taken down at any time.​

Though if you change the map that much that it is almost completely different, I can make an exception.
You still need to give credit to the original author obviously, and he if he requests that the map should be rejected/deleted, then I will do so.