• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shattered Hand Grunt

« Following the symbolic severing of one's hand from the chains binding him in order to earn freedom, as Kargath himself desperately demonstrated while he was chained under the Highmaul arena, these former slaves have been drawn together through a macabre joy of pain both self-inflicted and imposed upon others. It is through this pain that they believe they gather strength, and their reputation as relentless and dirty fighters is well-earned »

UPDATE 22/01/2023 :
- Improve the model to make it look more like WoD version
- Add two variations
- Rename the maghar skin to allow to use mag'har and orc version on the same map
Previews
Contents

maghar_shatteredhand_grunt (Model)

maghar_shatteredhand_grunt2 (Model)

maghar_shatteredhand_grunt2_portrait (Model)

maghar_shatteredhand_grunt3 (Model)

maghar_shatteredhand_grunt3_portrait (Model)

maghar_shatteredhand_grunt_portrait (Model)

orc_shatteredhand_grunt (Model)

orc_shatteredhand_grunt2 (Model)

orc_shatteredhand_grunt2_portrait (Model)

orc_shatteredhand_grunt3 (Model)

orc_shatteredhand_grunt3_portrait (Model)

orc_shatteredhand_grunt_portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
The execution is very good and everything works properly. APPROVED.
Level 18
Why can't I see these models in "Models" section?
In order to be able to keep track of Reforged models, I had to create myself a library of 4 bookmarks:
Models | HIVE
Models | HIVE
Models | HIVE
Models | HIVE

It's like Approved/Pending/Substandard/AwaitingUpdate with the Reforged filter on.

And every morning / night, I'm opening all four at once to check out new Reforged asset release :D

(scroll mouse button click on the folder containing the four links will open them all in new tabs)

Level 9
Holy shit that's a nice upgrade. I've always wondered. Is there a way to trigger when training a grunt you get a different model? Would love to do that.

Holy shit that's a nice upgrade. I've always wondered. Is there a way to trigger when training a grunt you get a different model? Would love to do that.

I know there is a way but I don't know how to achieve it. Sorry, my answer is not very helpful :xxd:.

Level 9
I know there is a way but I don't know how to achieve it. Sorry, my answer is not very helpful :xxd:.
Fantastic! If we can open a thread on "how to" it would be much appreciated from the community at some point in the future and can make some much more immersive gameplay experience.

Last edited:
Level 12
I like the new ones, but what happened to the OG one? This guy. Why didn't he make the final cut?
1674501184828.png

Last edited:
Level 8
I love the update even if I think the first you did was pretty cool (shattered hand tatoos and armor) but if we talk about the skin it's a big update !

Level 8
Yeah, the previous skin was ugly AF, as for the armor, i wanted to do something more like the model of WOD
View attachment 421540
Yes I totaly understand the choice, but I think the first one was a bit more original and IMO you should rework him instead of deleting him completly :D
I know you technicaly did it (with the one with the hook-fist) but I really loved the tatoo and spauldron, it was miles away from Kargath.
My ''complain'' about most shattered hand orcs in WoW is that they look too close to Kargath. Probably due to the fact WoW has too little character customisation for the faces, but when I look at others warlords it's not totaly true..

Level 9
What teasers am I seeing in the background??? lol
I believe I see one that has already been revealed. The big boy metaled up shattered hand tank yet I also see someone with lower robes like a caster. Refresh my memory, did Shattered Hand have any shaman or warlock users? I figured most of them were just savage grunts with Kargath bladefist as the muscle for the Shadow Council. I may be a little cloudy on the lore but if I recall Kargath played a significant role within the Shadow Council unknowingly as part of the Horde at the time.

Yes I totaly understand the choice, but I think the first one was a bit more original and IMO you should rework him instead of deleting him completly :D
I know you technicaly did it (with the one with the hook-fist) but I really loved the tatoo and spauldron, it was miles away from Kargath.
My ''complain'' about most shattered hand orcs in WoW is that they look too close to Kargath. Probably due to the fact WoW has too little character customisation for the faces, but when I look at others warlords it's not totaly true..
You know, I never destroy my old models, even if I don't like them anymore. If you ever need the old model, I still have it in stock and can give it to you anytime.

What teasers am I seeing in the background??? lol
I believe I see one that has already been revealed. The big boy metaled up shattered hand tank yet I also see someone with lower robes like a caster. Refresh my memory, did Shattered Hand have any shaman or warlock users? I figured most of them were just savage grunts with Kargath bladefist as the muscle for the Shadow Council. I may be a little cloudy on the lore but if I recall Kargath played a significant role within the Shadow Council unknowingly as part of the Horde at the time.
Very good sight my friend, it's a bit of a teaser yes, but of a personal model that I made. He's a Shaman of the Shattered Hand. If I'm not wrong, this clan has casters like any other clan, they just aren't very well known for that.

On wowpedia you can find examples of casters like mage, warlock...etc for the Shattered Hand clan in the fel horde (Shattered Hand clan). In WoD there are casters with a clan-specific model (Val'dune Fleshcrafter)! And in the main timeline page, you can see "shamanism" mentioned before the rise of the horde(Shattered Hand clan). Therefore I conclude that like the other clans, the Shattered Hand had shamans.

And since the shaman is my favorite class, and the shattered Hand my favorite clan, I rushed to combine the two :grin:!

Last edited:
Level 9
Very good sight my friend, it's a bit of a teaser yes, but of a personal model that I made. He's a Shaman of the Shattered Hand. If I'm not wrong, this clan has casters like any other clan, they just aren't very well known for that.

On wowpedia you can find examples of casters like mage, warlock...etc for the Shattered Hand clan in the fel horde (Shattered Hand clan). In WoD there are casters with a clan-specific model (Val'dune Fleshcrafter)! And in the main timeline page, you can see "shamanism" mentioned before the rise of the horde(Shattered Hand clan). Therefore I conclude that like the other clans, the Shattered Hand had shamans.

And since the shaman is my favorite class, and the shattered Hand my favorite clan, I rushed to combine the two :grin:!
Magnificent work nonetheless. And I do remember seeing some casters in BC from Shattered Hand which is also my favorite out of all the clans. I just thoughtthey broke the lore in WoW but it makes sense that every clan had casters.

Level 8
You know, I never destroy my old models, even if I don't like them anymore. If you ever need the old model, I still have it in stock and can give it to you anytime.
Sure ! I would like to have him then :) Including icon and portrait etc...

(I prefer the grey version but you can share both green and grey if you want)

Btw I just noticed that they have no icons ? volontary ? :)

Last edited: