• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Share Your Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hello Community!

So I thought it would be interesting to discuss which skills you use, and how you use them to form a devastating combination.

Currently I'm at level 41 and I'm a Barbarian.

Here is the skill set I use: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahYVkT!WZY!abZbbb

So here's what I do. I call this combo "Revenge" because it revoles around the Revenge skill.

I tend to gather as many monsters around me as possible, walk around and lure other monsters to hunt me, can be risky and easily overwhelm you. But here's the trick:

When I stop to engage I first wait till the enemies are close enough.

Then I use my skills in the following order:

1. Ground Stomp with Wrenching Smash. This pulls all nearby enemies closer to me and stuns them all (boss included) for 4 seconds.
  2. War Cry with Charge Rune to gain fury quick.
  3. Whirlwind to deal some extra damage and gain some life. Can also be used to break free through the wall of monsters that by now have surrounded you (in case you're dying too fast).
  4. Revenge with Retribution! Easily deals 5000 Critical Damage (3000 normal) with my current items. Note: Revenge also heals me for EVERY unit I hit. And remember I'm surrounded by LOTS of monsters. Also, Revenge has to be activated, but that's not a problem when you are constantly taking hits.
  5. After this, keep using Revenge and Ground Stomp with every chance you get. In the meantime, use Whirlwind.
  6. Against tougher bosses or huge clusters of monsters, use Earthquake!

Bottomline is the more monsters that are around you, the better. You kill lots of monsters with one single blow. And gain extra EXP from the massacre.

Also, Bash with Stun is great against bosses! I've killed Diablo almost without taking any hits due to the stun effect.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
That tactic might have problems in Hell mode and harder where a lot of elite monsters have very nasty combinations of modifiers.

Common modifiers you will meet are Arcane Enhanced (Arcane Sentries deal 8000 DPS while you stand in the beam but of course that is before reductions), Shielding, Vortex, Jailer, Lightning Enhanced, Damage Reflection and Molten and Frozen. In Hell mode all elites have at least 3 modifiers. There are also some less common modifiers such as Enraged (Champions only), Invulnerable (Rares only) and Life Link (Champions only). Watch out for Invulnerable as only the Rare monster himself will be able to be killed at first.

I am currently using a combination of cast and discard skills (Hydra and Blizzard with Electrocute for main attack) with durability improving skills (Mirror Image, Diamond Skin and Energy Armor) to try and survive. I die a lot and have 22K health...

Level 12
I am a level 59 demonhunter in act 3 end parts.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRVZXT!baT!ZabcZZ
(my skill list)
I mainly focus on damage output ASAP. I really dont have any specific strategy, I just use them according to my needs:

If there is a strong enemy I need to kill as soon as possible/need to focus on, I focus all my hatred at him using Impale to quickly deal ~100'000 dmg (30k per crit) or over. If they survive, I will stand there and keep shooting with my hungering arrows. If it gets within attacking range or is somehow about to kill me too quick, I will use smoke screen, run a little away and repeat. In case I run out of discipline, I got my preparation to instantly give me full (also works as a potion with the rune i use) and I can easily just stay invulnerable for around 1 minute at a time.

However, if there is more than 1 enemy, then I will use the Elemental Arrow instead and hit all enemies simultaneously. With my high attack speed (over 2.30!), I can easily dispatch most enemies in no time.

Works well on hell/inferno due to Smoke Screen granting me pretty much invincibility and Impale doing such high dmg, all I need is a strong weapon. Hell, I barely need to keep focusing on vitality with this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Clearly I have not met you then. Perhaps you should reveal your secrets to survival as so far I am having a lot of problems surviving in Act 3 Hell with my level 60 Wizard. I have 30K health and both Mirror Image and Diamond Skin. Using Energy Armor set to boost resistances (I want to avoid the cheap strategy of low health high regeneration) and with skills like Galvanizing Ward and Fade for better endurance. Against a pack of elite monsters I get 2 hit killed with Diamond Skin absorbing 1-2 hits before failing and many illusions dying in 1 hit (I have 6 of them 25% each). It is also hard for me to kill their millions of health with my 6K DPS before I run "out of time" which deals 4K DPS alone to me (I have to run and let it cool off).

The enemies I am referring to were a rare pack of those large demons which wield the two maces. They were Vortex, Extra Health, Desolators.

Level 31
Low health high regen was already patched.

People play barb way the hell wrong as they go for dps. Barb is meant to be a meat shield. Every point of vitality also gives you one armor, so I went for that as much as I could. I think I got to like 60k hp and I don't know how much armor. A good barb will have 650+ to all resists, like 12k armor, and prob 90k hp, and then they can sit in inferno act 2 w/o taking any damage from belial. You need 900+ to all resists for act 3, and for act 4, prob 1350+.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Low health high regen was already patched.
Not according to skill calculator and my Wizard skills. Still says energy armor reduces damage to at most 35% of maximum life.

A good barb will have 650+ to all resists
How?! Most gear only adds 15 to a single resistance and that would need 6500 intelligence to get.

Are you even playing Diablo III as such resistances do not seem possible to me as a Wizard (and I have gone a lot of intelligence).

Level 31
Dr Super Good... the best barb in the world atm has 650+ to all resists and he can't even tank act 3.

Not according to skill calculator and my Wizard skills. Still says energy armor reduces damage to at most 35% of maximum life.

You can argue with me all you like, but Energy Armor has already been nerfed. You can't block more than 100% of your maximum hp, so if you have 3000 hp and are hit for 35k dmg, you are dead.

Level 12
Apparently they also nerfed DH's smoke screen.
...much to my disapproval :l
Oh well, I am going to quote a famous thing from Demon's Souls:
''This is where the true Diablo 3 begins.''

Level 37
My tactic was that I gathered a lot of magic find items and I got over 100% magic find at the normal difficulty. However, nothing good really dropped and I'm so disappointed. Now that I'm in nightmare difficulty the game have became too hard. Actually after that I quit the game and I've been doing this campaign of mine.

I played with Monk.

Level 11
Glass-cannon demon hunter here.

14,000 health, 50,000 dps. Currently breezing through inferno.

My main strategy is lay down Spike Traps, use Smoke Screen, kill archers, and vault out. Seems pretty effective too. Hardest creeps for me have been the ones that reflect damage and the invulnerable minions. As well as those snakes.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRdSXT!eYT!YabbZY

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Depends from what. Most badies I can understand but there are some that are just super rigged.

Examples are mortar, freezing/jailer, extra health, desolators. With mortars dealing 100K damage he can only rely on killing them before they get to active in combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.