• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shapeshifting Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Could anyone help me out? im making a map, and in it im making a Tauren Druid. But if i make him Shapeshift, he still keeps his 'Druid' from spells. Is there a way i can change this?

The not shapeshifted druid has for example:
Moonfire
Healing Wave
Mark of the Wild
Shapeshift (to Bear)

However while he is in bearform i would like him to have:
Bash
Swipe
Roar
Shapeshift (to normal)

Note: Please dont mind my sometimes bad spelling of words

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have tried to do this and it didn't change the abilities, yeah, but there is one way that I have been thinking off, and it might be helpful.
Why not make two heroes, one with the shapeshifted form and other with the normal form? When he uses the ability, you will hide the casting form, and unhide the other (don't forget to teleport it to the place of the caster and remove the leak it causes), and vice-versa.

Level 4
you dont need a trigger to do this spell, its a basic Shapshifting. I have a guy on 1 of my map with 5 different form for spell and all have differents spells.

Level 2
Is this unit a hero then? :p cuz thats wat this question is all about. When i make a normal Bearform shaping spell, the hero will reshape as a level 1 druid. And personnaly i think that kinda sucks :p

Last edited:
Level 4
I copy the original hero and change model file and spells. Thats it for the alternate form.

Level 32
World Editor FAQ

Some information about using morphed models is available in the World Editor FAQ - Work in Progress
Using morphed models
It's possible (but a little tricky) to change a unit's standard model to a morphed Demon Hunter, Robo-Goblin etc. The problem is that a models like the Demon Hunter have both morphed and standard models in one single mdx file. So you need to send a morph tag to it so the game knows how to display units using such models.

In the Object Editor
Set the model of the unit to the standard model of the morphed model e.g:
Code:
Art - Model File: [U]Tinker, Tinker[/U]

Here comes what way we want the unit to be displayed, set this value:
Code:
Art - Required Animation Names: [U]Alternate[/U]

The value "Alternate" seems to be used for all morphs on units that have the morphed value in the same model file.

This trick also works with:
  • Druid of the Claw (Night Elf, morphed to bear)
  • Druid of the Talon (Night Elf, morphed to crow)
  • Gargoyle (Undead, morphed to stoneform)
  • Obsidian Statue (Undead, morphed to destroyer-form)
  • Troll Headhunter (Night Elf, morphed to berserker)

You must also edit the (morphed form) unit to include your custom spells in the unit's Object Editor field: Abilities - Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.