• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

shapeshift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
guys, I wanted to make spell shapeshift like dota. So I edited the original chemical rage spell. But when I give that edited spell to other hero and when he cast it, the hero freezes(ingame) and can't attack, move or learn other spell.

What could be the problem? If u need more information, ask.

Level 33
It is because that spell is only unique to the spell between Unit A and Unit B in the fields Data - Alternate Form Unit and Data - Normal Form Unit.
When you give it to other Hero (that does not match any unit from those fields), the game would bug.

You have to create a unique ability for each unit transformation.

Let's say you have 4 units.

Unit A -> Unit B
Unit C -> Unit D

In this case, you must create 2 custom abilities for each transformation.

If Unit C is using the transformation from Unit A is using, it would bug since that ability changes from Unit A to Unit B and vice-versa, there is not Unit C involved.

Oh and also, this transformation should be either from Hero -> Hero OR Unit -> Unit, it can't be either Hero -> Unit OR Unit -> Hero, it would bug I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.