• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shandris.blp

Ranger_01.png
Ranger_02.png
Ranger_03.png

This is my first ever skin so be kind :)

It's all freehand, except for the face which is the default skin with a mask I made.

Keywords:
Shandris, Archer, Ranger, Hunter, Elf, Night Elf, elven, bow, arrow
Contents

Armoured Ranger (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
14:15, 29th Apr 2009 Dan van Ohllus: This skin has lots of great potential. Lot's of good freehand and stuffs. I especially like the cape and the wooden bow. It's enough for me to approve it, but you're still free to keep on updating.

M

14:15, 29th Apr 2009
Dan van Ohllus:
This skin has lots of great potential. Lot's of good freehand and stuffs. I especially like the cape and the wooden bow.
It's enough for me to approve it, but you're still free to keep on updating.

Change her face color to more pink-ish
looks like she has that.. umm.. yellow-fever? oO

and also give her some details on face. maybe a subtle scar or a subtle tattoo

Cape and brown parts of the bow (if not whole bow) need shadows and highlights, as well as more detailing. (wood circles would be nice for bow) And certainly make folds on cape more showy.

~Misha~

i would suggest you multiple angles on a screenshot as we can't see the tattoo on face.

and the treelines on a bow could use some more showyness x3

Tattoo on the face looks horrible and it should be waay smaller and somewhere on the cheek. this way it just wraps the neck, horribly that is.

and too.... the tattoo needs to show a bit of the face texturing underneath as well 8)

EDIT: Honestly.... she would need more bare-skin\subtle-tattoo area. give her that on her thighs and arms. and certaily change tattoo color to a somewhat purple. it fits better.

oh yes, the tattoos should be more like lines and curves 8)

Ok no...there's def no CnP, I can see that's all freehand...damn CnP Detecting noobs...:p
Anyways, change the face....blah, stands out from the rest of the skin really badly
Nice job so far though, let's see more!

Exactly :D the face and bare arms/legs should have tiny purple-ish lightning bolt-ish tattoos (just my suggestion on shape) and they should be thinn and detailed, not fat =S

Level 16
wow, i didnt think that this are possible. Your good with skins and a exellent terrainer. You has a lot of potential. I think you can be a good icon maker.
Btw, This is skin are really good, but, you need to add more details to her hood, that looks really 'empty' ingame. Maybe do that outline more thick. Congratulations for arrive to the world of the resources makers! :D

Level 17
That sounds like an amazing idea! about the witchdoctor that is ;) I'll post something in the resource section :)

I would do them myself, but I'm not really good enough yet :p If I did, all the characters would end up looking all cartoonish xD

The barbarian already looks cartoonish for me, hes skin doesnt look real, looks like a plastic figure or something.
But you can still make your own custom icons? :p Since we will need specefic icons for every equipment slot and that would require some searching or you can just do fiting icons :p

Level 15
1st skin? Looks good. You did this so nicely in fact that I will instead be looking for flaws.

The metallic pieces can be improved or restored?. You started the metal to be non-glossy, I guess that's how it should stay because adding gloss in a certain way can make it look like gray plastic.

I see you're trying to turn it to glossy-metal... I'm sorry but for this skin, my vote is for it to remain having non-glossy metals.

Level 17
Okey, i have been wondering this quite a while now and... how can the ears go through the cape? It looks cool but how the hell did she do it? xD Two holes in all NE capes? xP

CW, you should open a skinning factory. (cus i want you to make skins for me, lol) xD