• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Shaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
It needs MUCH more work. It is pretty good as a very first map, my first maps were ten times more terrible, but I don't try to bash you.

Quest log is spammed with same quests. Missing many hot keys. Music is annoying. Terrain is okay, but could be improved as well. When battle starts and I am not in the middle of an area, I can walk around there, but if I was in the middle, I could not leave it. I also didn't get it how to teleport to shop area. Spells has its X Y positions set wrongly, also lacks proper tooltips. I just mentioned some minor things, however I doubt if anyone could suggest you how to make a successful map, because it is your experience, imagination and creativity that can lead you towards a successful project.

It may get successful, but it requires much more effort put into it. As for the first map, it is great.

Level 8
Thanks God Finally Someone Gavme Me some Serious Feedbakc :D
My Friends Were Like : Holy Crap That Map Is Awesome Upload It To Hive Workshop And WIn the MotY (Map of the Year) Award. thank you brother!
and btw, about that quest spamming... i picked every player in group all players and made the quest and basic stuff, so i should make for every one of them seperately? and Btw, The Gates to the teleporters Open Randomly.

Edit : quests Already Fixed, waiting for right time to publish in next update
Edit 2 : p.s. Have you tried gladiator mode?

Level 31
I couldn't give any better review because I played on single player and I never play anything online due to some troubles. I also suggest you to download and try many maps of this kind by other players, especially well evaluated ones, play them, learn and try to come up with quality of your map as close as you can to other good maps around Hive. I am not telling you to copy, you just need to expand your line of sight of what capabilities you can have, it helps. Just a suggestion.

Level 8
I couldn't give any better review because I played on single player and I never play anything online due to some troubles. I also suggest you to download and try many maps of this kind by other players, especially well evaluated ones, play them, learn and try to come up with quality of your map as close as you can to other good maps around Hive. I am not telling you to copy, you just need to expand your line of sight of what capabilities you can have, it helps. Just a suggestion.

I'll Try My Best :ogre_datass:

Edit: Map Updated, Bugs Mentioned Fixed, Expect for X,Y positions, i Spent A lot Of Time setting them to their positions , :D

Last edited:
Level 8
Another Update is Out, though i think this will be the last Update on the map.

this is due to the lack of testers, feedback, bug reports and other stuff.

if there was any bugs i WILL update the map, fixing them, and there WILL be Bugs, but after that, i dont think i'll keep Developing this map, i mean its alright. normal mode finished a long time ago, plus two modes for fun, three items is enogh i think.
and of course, WC3 time is long pased, no one is intrested in such maps anymore,
i mean, even me, think some awesome maps out there like sunken city (God bless $M), are waaaay cooler than my map, srsly, who wants to play a map about a bunch of maniacs killing each other with lightning and lava in a 7 inch arena? so, i will give up on this, but know this, my brothers, and all of you who helped me : if there was a day, which i have the chance to bring you something new and creative,
I'll
Be
Back.
And for all of you my loyal friends, a Phoenix needs ashes to rise.
THIS will be my ashes, my first map, as it should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.