• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Set Proper name to unit by writing a string?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Title says it all, i want my player to write something and the Proper name of the unit will be set, he presses OK and then a dialg comes up: Are you sure you want to be named: LOLCAPS ?
Yes
No, but that dialog can i make myself.
But i need one of these Conditions

If
Entered string on Name equal to true
Then
Run Dialog Trigger
Else
Run Back Trigger

and on the back trigger it would be this

Select a name for your character
Back, ill create the dialogs, but i need help on the If Then Else

Level 28
Impossible...
You can use a floating text above the hero, that's the best you can do.

What Dr Super Good meant, if I am correct, is that you can preset the hero names (you can choose multiple) and then you can create a small system so you can choose a name between the preset ones.
You cannot make the players choose a name for themselves.

Level 20
Would it work that Game Cache will save a Variable that collects the string that the player is writing and it would look like hes name is LOLCAPS for an example, so just make a trigger like this:

• Cinematic - Chat thing: From Mr.Bignoob: Welcome to my house + Custom_Name + what can i do for you today?

Level 20
No, i wasnt always thinking about a cinematic, but in a cinematic, you will also need that, ye. But i wanted to change the Hero Name itself, its for the oblivion map.
EDIT: What event shall i use? maybe i could have a whole trigger that you could show me, I also need a condition for that Custom_Name is a string with letters equal to true

EDIT: Solved the Event, now its the Condition

EDIT: There isnt a code for Variable data that i can put inside that Proper name thing?

Like the abilities got damage data??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.