• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SET ITEMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making interesting thing to add set bonuses of items but it doesn't work without triggers. Imagine you creep and you find a Veil of Steel (helm- an item i made) ,then you find an armor. Now i need the bonuses of this set of 2 items.

Can you give me the right triggers for the following:
-if ANY hero has in his inventory the Veil and the Armor, he receives a special +150 life bonus (optional- doesn't matter how much life/mana or what ability).

Can someone do it or it is too hard ?

Level 8
you need to make this kind of trigger:
Code:
Events
   Unit aquires an item
Conditions
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Helm) equal to true
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Armor) equal to true
Actions
   Unit - add ability (Ability that increases life by 150)
you will need to make another one that looks like this
Code:
Events
   Unit loses an item
Conditions
   Or
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Helm) equal to false.
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Armor) equal to false.
Actions
   Remove abiltiy (Ability that increases life by 150)
[/quote]

Level 7
shadow1500 said:
you need to make this kind of trigger:
Code:
Events
   Unit aquires an item
Conditions
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Helm) equal to true
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Armor) equal to true
Actions
   Unit - add ability (Ability that increases life by 150)
you will need to make another one that looks like this
Code:
Events
   Unit loses an item   Or
Conditions

Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Helm) equal to false.
   Boolean - Hero (Hero monipulating item) has item of type (Armor) equal to false.
Actions
   Remove abiltiy (Ability that increases life by 150)
[/quote]

Some things arent very clear. So Unit- Add (Ablility) to (triggering unit) , i should change triggering unit to (hero manipulating item) or what ? You missed the (triggering unit) part.

Second: the 'Or' Condition has Condition 1 and Condition 2. What exactly do you mean ?
And do they have to be in different triggers or one trigger with mixed 'True and False Conditions?'

Status
Not open for further replies.