• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Set a minimap image IN GAME PLAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, it's my firts post, but I visited hiveworkshop since december 2007.

I need a help. How I can set a minimap imagen in GAME PLAY? I'm not telling war3mapPreview.tga for preview map.

It's possible because I saw a map called Mario Party, and in the minimap there's the mario's face, look it here: Mario Party v1.16 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

Pleased, someone tell me how I can do it, I'll giving credits on my map, I am near to finish, thanks for the help.

(Sorry if my english is bad, but I speak spanish and my english is not perfect)

Level 1

war3mapPreview.tga - this is the preview people can see when joining the game.
war3mapMap.tga - this is the in-game minimap which you can see when present in the game.

you just have to import your image with this name (change war3mapImported\war3mapMap.tga for war3mapMap.tga) and it had to be 256x256 in .tga or .blp

Last edited:
Level 12
Sorry for necrothreading, but just in case it's still actual: you go to import manager (F12), import your 256x256 image in .tga format and rename it to war3mapMap.tga . Note that BIG and small letters should go in the same order.

Status
Not open for further replies.