• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

server error when trying to update resource all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Constantly when trying to update my maps I get this error:
h9g5Q7W.png

Could there be any less information? I have tried like 10 times now over the course of the day and it simply doesn't work. Attaching it to a post Escape Builder R 0.90r works totally fine.

What is this?

Level 23
Code:
jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 POST https://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources/escape-builder-r-0-90n.67899/save 500 ()
send @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
ajax @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
ajax @ xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:231
ajaxSave @ xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:346
(anonymous) @ xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:198
dispatch @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
r.handle @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:347 Event: AutoValidationDataReceived
4xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:356 undefined: Okay
xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:347 Event: AutoValidationError
xenforo.js?_v=60b0af26:226 XenForo.activate(e.fn.init [div.xenOverlay.__XenForoActivator, prevObject: e.fn.init(1), context: undefined])

AutoValidationError??
Map loads and plays fine. I dind't change anything I know of. My other Wurst map uploads fine.

e: while the map plays fine on bots, it doesn't show in wc3 folder view, so it seems to be a map problem after all.

May I then suggest adding a more appropriate message? Trying again doesn't suffice here I suppose.

e2: yes, found issue on my side. Still requesting better error message. In my case the pre-mpq map header was missing the begin/end tokens. However a general "invalid mapfile" error should be fine.

Last edited:
Level 23
wc3 maps contain usually 512 bytes of pre-mpq data which is ignored by storm but parsed by the game to display map names inside the folderview.
These are denoted by some begin and end bytes that must be present. I have seen these vary across maps, so I'm not sure about the specifics. This one seems to work consistently though.
This way you could make the map appear differently in the folderview from szenario/filename. Wurst sets this values from the build file when generating the output map (subsequent builds were bugged).
Hostbots don't care about this pre-mpq data and neither does the loadmap command, hence we were able to play, but the map didn't show up e.g. when you wanted to play in single player.
0SDBoli.png

@Ralle You can "break" any map you have by editing these 512 bytes. Removing HM3W might already be enough?

Level 29
Generally speaking, you'd only look for the magic ID, in this case HM3W. Checking anything beyond that means you might as well need full map parsing, and even worse, knowing how a map works and what's valid or not.
That being said, I have no clue how you made a broken map unintentionally, but it presumably has to do with the specific tools you are using, which are not following the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.