• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Seriously confused.....again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
One day I will contribute back to this forum instead of always asking questions. Until then I will ask questions. My latest problem occurred when I attempted to make a map whereby I changed three of the Undead heroes into three of the Dreadlords from the campaign: Tichondrius, Mal'Ganis and Balnazzar. My plan was to have a game whereby I would control Balnazzar, and two other NPC's would control my allies Mal'Ganis and Tichondrius against an insane level computer.

As we were all using the Undead faction (save for the insane enemy who I made human) I decided to using the World Editor to make it so they could only use the Dreadlord I wanted them to and that there would not be three Balnazzar's running around. By this I mean that I (purple) would use Balnazzar, the green ally would use Mal'Ganis and the red, Tichondrius- corresponding to their colour in the campaign. I notice that setting up teams in World Editor is rather strange as in order for one to choose to be purple one must use the 4th slot (in Scenario, Player Properties).

In game, I was able to pick Balnazzar, however my allies did not pick a hero, presumably because they did not have one. Is this due to the the fact that in game they may be Player 3, yet on the World Editor they are Player 7? (Player 7 is green- i.e. for Mal'Ganis) If anyone could be so gracious as to shed their wisdom upon me then I will be greatly appreciative.

Level 21
custom ai isnt my speciality but i will do my best. you need to configure the ai to choose the heroes you want them to be. before that though you have to import the custom data into the ai editor. if you explained how the heroes would be selected i might be able to help you further.

Level 3
Okay, what do you mean by explain how they would be selected? I was aiming for each of the two allies to only have a choice of one hero, in order to make we all had different heroes

Level 3
Through the World Editor, I click on Scenario, Player Properties, and then onto the Techtree. From there I click Custom Techtree and the untick the heroes for each team

Level 16
You can look at GruntMaster.wai as an example of how to make an AI in he AI editor. you should have it in the following path, inside your warcraft III directory.
...\Warcraft III\AI Scripts\GruntMaster.wai

another useful AI is:
...\Warcraft III\AI Scripts\WyrmMonger.wai

I can post them here if you do not have them.
Good luck!

Level 3
Okay I've been staring at the AI editor for quite some time now with no real idea of what to do, can someone explain to me in simple terms what to do please?

Level 16
  1. If have the energy to read through a bit long articles, Here is AI tutorial for beginners.
  2. I think you can fairly understand how grunt master works without the need to see that tutorial.
  3. To see how the would work in the actual game, you can test through AI Editor, in one of the tabs. I would recommend that you make it GruntMaster vs. GruntMaster to test it, or to play against it yourself.

Level 3
Alright thanks for the help, I'll read that a bit later :) if possible could you look at my other thread in the World Editor Help Zone section on portrait files not importing? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.