• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Serious Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
What now? Who are "they"? Who is playing the victim? Why is morality a part of the question? So many questions! Some context and more well formulated question would go a long way.
I just want to know if a person can be convinced not to play the victim, since there really is no gain in not doing it and there is a gain in doing it, and the only reasons you could think of to say that that's wrong are based on morality and not in being practical.

Level 11
It depends on what you mean by "without using morality".

But primarily, I believe that one of possible ways to approach this, would be to play with their pride. Every person, regardless of what they say, have pride deep down. And thus, you target that - e.g. telling them, that playing a victim and wallowing in self-pity, is the most pathetic way to (not) deal with your problems. It is childish too - a mature individual takes responsibility over his/her actions (or lack there of) and their consequences. Playing a victim is the opposite of that.

This tactic is not designed to just shame people. It's designed to anger them. To raise that fight response. To challenge them.

Level 24
It depends on what you mean by "without using morality".

But primarily, I believe that one of possible ways to approach this, would be to play with their pride. Every person, regardless of what they say, have pride deep down. And thus, you target that - e.g. telling them, that playing a victim and wallowing in self-pity, is the most pathetic way to (not) deal with your problems. It is childish too - a mature individual takes responsibility over his/her actions (or lack there of) and their consequences. Playing a victim is the opposite of that.

This tactic is not designed to just shame people. It's designed to anger them. To raise that fight response. To challenge them.
Hmm, maybe.

Level 16
When I read this topic, feminism comes to my mind for some reason.

The question is interesting though, because some might genuinely think they are victims.

I think the best way is through calm conversation with analogy between two topics, one being neutral topic that illustrate the contradiction in someone's thought.

However, most important thing is that the conversation is calm and not between two enemies. If there is any chance they are convinced, its certainly probably not with enmity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.