• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Serious gameplay lag on a very tiny map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
http://box43.net/~zombieguy/dotc.w3x

A hero game. Randomly placed items and computer ai that selects and uses heros.

Before playing, set all the open slots to computer.
The AI isn't all that great, but I'm new to the editor.

The lag gets worse as the game progresses, try to play until you're lvl 10. (if you can still move your hero up until then, because of the lagginess)

I believe the lagginess has to do with the AI but I'm not so sure. I think it gets laggier every time the AI is commanded to move somewhere (which happens quite a lot).

Please help me rid this map of lag. The map is unprotected if you'd like to open it in the editor.

Level 3
I don't think it has much to do with my computer sucking.

It's a tiny map, it doesn't use that many units and it's 100kb.

But it does use a fair amount of variables and triggers.

Level 22
For future reference, don`t bump.

But here`s what Ive seen happen in one of my maps that suffered unexplained lag:

Special effects.

If you have lost of special effects, particularly the kind that re one-shot (like blood or exlosions) the game still keeps tabs of every special effect created through triggers, regardless if they have dissapeared. This creates some serious memory loss which will cause lag. I once saw a map where there was a special effect every time a unit took damage. The lag got so unbearable early on that map was unplayable. And yes, comp power also has a big thing to do with it, too. Maps that were one really laggy were just fine after I upgraded.
-VGsatomi

Level 8
I think i found the problem.

He got lots of triggers.

Well...1 for each player.

If you want to make it smaller and less lagg. give me your email and i'll send you the map with some information about what you should fix.

And take it easy. it's not too much you have to fix. Mostly Copy and Paste (CnP)

-Lonely Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.