• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selection System Wont Select?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Im making an auto selection system that selects units within a range and making you able to quick cast spells on the units without selecting them. It tells me Selected Unit: and thats it. Its supposed to tell me the unit type...
  • Selectable Units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of SelectedUnit[(Integer A)])) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set SelectableUnits[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit group)
  • Picked Unit
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Triggering player)
    • Actions
      • Set SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set SelectedEnemy[1] = (Random unit from SelectableUnits[1])
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Press ESC to swap b...
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: (Selected Enemy: + (String((Unit-type of SelectedEnemy[1]))))
        • Else - Actions
  • Unit Selection Swap
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SelectedEnemy[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Random unit from SelectableUnits[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
      • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Triggering player) Equal to Player 1 (Red))) the text: (Selected Enemy: + (String((Unit-type of SelectedEnemy[(Player number of (Triggering player))]))))
      • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Triggering player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue))) the text: (Selected Enemy: + (String((Unit-type of SelectedEnemy[(Player number of (Triggering player))]))))
Edit: I noticed a leak in my first trigger, could that be the problem?

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)), do (Actions)
Leaks. Use this one instead:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Player(IntegerA)) controller) Equal to User
        • Then - Actions
          • //Actions here
        • Else - Actions
(Position of (Selected[(IntegerA)]) leaks. Use a Point variable.

Use this line:
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
before this line:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of SelectedUnit[(Integer A)])) and do (Actions)
Visit:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/

Instead of
  • Set SelectedEnemy[1] = (Random unit from SelectableUnits[1])
Use
  • Set SelectedEnemy[Player number of (Triggering player)] = (Random unit from SelectableUnits[Player Number of (Triggering player)])
and remove the player comparison from the conditions.

• (All players matching ((Triggering player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)))
First of, just go through Conversion - Convert player group to player, to get Player 1 (Red).
Secondly, when you use "All players matching", your player should be then detected as "Matching player", not "Triggering player".

Level 9
  • Selectable Units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
You need to add units to your group... Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to SelectableUnits[(Integer A)]

Edit: I noticed a leak in my first trigger, could that be the problem?
You've actually got way more leaks in this trigger... Like, 2*33*number of players. Per second.

Level 17
I plugged it all in, still no luck. Its either this line,
  • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to Player 1 (Red))) the text: (Selected Enemy: + (String((Unit-type of SelectedEnemy[(Player number of (Triggering player))]))))
or this,
  • Set SelectedEnemy[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Random unit from SelectableUnits[(Player number of (Triggering player))])

Level 9
Are you sure you added this:
  • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to SelectableUnits[(Integer A)]
Instead of this?
In case yes and it still doesn't work, post your updated triggers.

Level 17
Okay i may have wrote the unit group - add wrong... haha fixing and will post if it works or not.

Okay, now the new problem of repeated random unit. when i click esc to swap units, it just says the same unit. Its supposed to shuffle between all the units.

Edit: i added the map so u guys could see.

Attachments

• Picking System.w3x
    18.4 KB · Views: 31
Level 9
You'll need a simple jass function in order to prevent units from being selected, like, twice in a row, on a completely random basis
JASS:
function SelectNextUnit takes group g returns unit
    local unit u = FirstOfGroup(g)
    call GroupRemoveUnit(g, u)
    call GroupAddUnit(g, u)
    return u
endfunction
I've modified the map you provided and made everything work. You should be getting repeated results each time you press esc (like peon - peasant - wisp - acolyte - peon - peasant - ...and so on)

Attachments

• Picking System.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 36
Level 17
I gata say man, You are a heck of a triggerer lol. You and pharaoh. Hm im 1 step closer to master GUI. Thanks for the help i appreciate it.
I realize now i may have to make a index system storing the spells for a certain hero so he can switch through his spells so he can cast whichever he pleases.

Status
Not open for further replies.