• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Select unit only for allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Here is the thing: Player (1) is allied with (2-3-4-5-6) and enemy with the others, now the player (1) has a shop and has the select unit ability, the problem is:
the cast range of the ability MUST be global and the problem is that it also selects enemies (even that i changed the targets allowed to allies only)

+rep for whoever helps :goblin_yeah:

Okay, there is one thing that should have never been attached to the shop : Select Unit Ability

Use Shop Sharing Instead, I show you an attachment, try become player 2 (blue) and you can't buy the troop at the modified barrack and then try player 3 (teal) and you should be able to buy Footman Rifleman and Knights (notes I made Player 2 and 3 are allied and make player 1 treat player 2 as enemy and vice versa and make player 3 treated as allies for P1 and vice versa)

So, to be simple, replace "Select Unit" with "Shop Sharing" then set the range to 99999 (dunno if Shop Sharing Range is editable though)

EDIT : I found out that Shop Sharing range is editable, try the one that has with 99999 range for Shop Sharing.

NOTES : It seems the "Select Unit" ability is bugged, it always treat all players equal wether they are allies nor enemies, therefore "Shop Sharing" is handy for this kind of situation.

hmm...Try to change the race to human or whatever race...

I don't know about this...... Maybe.... or Maybe not, did you try it already KillerZone? Don't just throw some random answer, it is sometime makes the one who asked get more confused :)

OTHER : I can't believe the solution is actually simple :xxd: and all I have to do is checking Arcane Vault ability which only allows ally to buy items from it:grin:

Regards,

Daffa the Mage

Hive Mage

Attachments

• Shop Sharing.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Shop Sharing - With 99999 Range for Shop Sharing.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 50
Level 16
Okay, there is one thing that should have never been attached to the shop : Select Unit Ability

Use Shop Sharing Instead, I show you an attachment, try become player 2 (blue) and you can't buy the troop at the modified barrack and then try player 3 (teal) and you should be able to buy Footman Rifleman and Knights (notes I made Player 2 and 3 are allied and make player 1 treat player 2 as enemy and vice versa and make player 3 treated as allies for P1 and vice versa)

So, to be simple, replace "Select Unit" with "Shop Sharing" then set the range to 99999 (dunno if Shop Sharing Range is editable though)

EDIT : I found out that Shop Sharing range is editable, try the one that has with 99999 range for Shop Sharing.

NOTES : It seems the "Select Unit" ability is bugged, it always treat all players equal wether they are allies nor enemies, therefore "Shop Sharing" is handy for this kind of situation.

I don't know about this...... Maybe.... or Maybe not, did you try it already KillerZone? Don't just throw some random answer, it is sometime makes the one who asked get more confused :)

OTHER : I can't believe the solution is actually simple :xxd: and all I have to do is checking Arcane Vault ability which only allows ally to buy items from it:grin:

Regards,

Daffa the Mage

Hive Mage

Thx a lote, even that the solution was simple :goblin_good_job:
+rep :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.