• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seeking Humble Help From Designers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, it’s great to be here!

I’m creating a LOAP that takes place in the world of Morrowind and am looking for some passionate people who loveMorrowind as much as I do to help me with setting some things up.

I would love to hear your ideas and of course you would be mentioned in the loading screen credits.

I can also pay you for your efforts if that helps!

Some things I could really benefit from:

-Creating a simple ally / unally system for all the players.
-Creating a simple vision / unvision system for all the players.
-Easy Hero Selection at beginning of game.

That’s what’s needed at the moment as I just started this project and want to finish in a couple weeks!

Working with you to make this into a playable and enjoyable map would be a thrilling challenge!

Please comment if this is something you can help with and if you would be excited to join this little team of devs I’m putting together.

Thank you for reading this far and sharing some of your time and energy with me.

Greetings GoodDaytoDieHard. Welcome to the site!

-Creating a simple ally / unally system for all the players.
-Creating a simple vision / unvision system for all the players.
-Easy Hero Selection at beginning of game.
I have knowledge of such systems, but I need your specifications because these kinds of systems tend to be different for each map that involves them.

For future requests, you can consider making a Request in the Request forum. If you wish to recruit people, you can recruit in the Project Recruitment forum that @Archian linked above.

Level 3
Greetings GoodDaytoDieHard. Welcome to the site!

I have knowledge of such systems, but I need your specifications because these kinds of systems tend to be different for each map that involves them.

For future requests, you can consider making a Request in the Request forum. If you wish to recruit people, you can recruit in the Project Recruitment forum that @Archian linked above.
Hey! Good to meet you.

Thank you, making one in the Request form now!

And that's great to hear - I've attached the map below if you want to pop it open in the Editor and give it a peek :)

Attachments

• LOAN.w3m
    150.9 KB · Views: 15
Level 14
Three blessings, sera!

Morrowind is a great choice for a loap map -- there shouldn't be any problem coming up with new ideas or designs. Even if you don't add content from the expansions, lore or the Tamriel Rebuilt mod there's still plenty to draw inspiration from.

If you still need an unally/ally system you can read up about it here. It's really simple, but requires a little bit of mind-numbing work if you want to do it in GUI. The triggers in the tutorial's demo map can work for your vision/unvision system too.

Taverns are a good, easy way to implement hero selection. Here's a comprehensive tutorial on it.

Wish you good luck for your project!

Level 3
Three blessings, sera!

Morrowind is a great choice for a loap map -- there shouldn't be any problem coming up with new ideas or designs. Even if you don't add content from the expansions, lore or the Tamriel Rebuilt mod there's still plenty to draw inspiration from.

If you still need an unally/ally system you can read up about it here. It's really simple, but requires a little bit of mind-numbing work if you want to do it in GUI. The triggers in the tutorial's demo map can work for your vision/unvision system too.

Taverns are a good, easy way to implement hero selection. Here's a comprehensive tutorial on it.

Wish you good luck for your project!
Thank you so much for your support!

And agreed, it's such an epic game that stands the test of time. I want to show it some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.