• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searching for Resources- suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Could you make the search engine look for parts of name? Because now it searches exactly for the word you typed for example:

If I wanted to find some blood elves models/skins, I could just write "blood". But I can't because it will show only models where blood is separated from the rest.

It doesn't show names like bloodelf, bloodelves...

EDIT: errm, I think it doesn't work properly at all. I'll show you a screen of what it found when I typed blood:

bloodmt9.jpg

It didn't show so many files with blood in its name or description, something's definitely wrong here...

Level 32
Ralle will have to look into this: he is presently rewriting the scripts for the model resource section (the other sections will follow).

In addition to the inclusion of genres and keywords, it's possible that he might be able to further refine the way generic terms like "blood" are searched and displayed.

Level 15
The reason is that it searches descriptions as well as titles and such. Sometimes the descriptions have a word that matches your search terms.

It would be nice to weight the descriptions lower, or search the titles only.

Unfortunately, searches take the most server resources of anything, so it's hard to get an efficient search engine going.

Hint: If you want really good results, you might try using Google. Just add
Code:
site:www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/
to your google search string and it will limit the results to the models section of Hive only.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
names, filenames, descriptions.
However it's fulltext search:
Andriejj said:
If I wanted to find some blood elves models/skins, I could just write "blood". But I can't because it will show only models where blood is separated from the rest.

It doesn't show names like bloodelf, bloodelves...
The new section will also have search words. So you can put in all the words fitting your resource.
That will help the search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.