• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scrollable quest requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi o/

I'm editing a map atm, and trying to add unlockable lore information.

The way I started it is that made a "fake" side quest named Lore with quest requirement texts as "--- undiscover ---" for each unlockable lore of the map, I use the quest - change requirement description upon Lore discovery.

Until there, everything works correctly.

My problem is that when the quest description change, the text is considered by the game as one line by the game, while in reality, it's a paragraphe, so it's superimposed over every other requirement and the rest of the window.

A pic is better than my poor explanation so:
unknown.png

So my question is : is there a way to make the quest requirement window scrollable to fix this (or if you have any solutions, I would take it)

Thanks for reading even if you can't help...

AFAIK it's hardcoded to only have one line.

Just use the quest description instead of the quest requirement/defeat condition, then use 'Change quest description' later if you want to update the text. You can make your own bullet in the description, and make the text use variables.

Ex.
Trigger 1
Map Initialization
Set [String] Quest Description = Long ago there was a mighty warrior bla bla bla
Set VarQuestReg1 = --- Undiscovered ---
Set VarQuestReg2 = --- Undiscovered ---
Create Quest with Title "My Title" with Description VarQuestDesc|nVarQuestReq1|nVarQuestReg2

Trigger 2

Unit Dies
Unit Type of Killing Unit = Your Hero
Set VarQuestReg1 = Now you killed the unit, yay

Trigger 3
Every 0.03 Seconds
Change Quest Description to VarQuestDesc|nVarQuestReq1|nVarQuestReg2.

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks for the tips :)
I actually don't really know how to use JAthingy (or where I should look for it), so I used a lot of trigger editor string concatenation to make the variables for it, but here's the result:
unknown.png

Not really the best viewing port, but eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.