• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scrimmage

Scrimmage

Map Description

Even though a peaceful piece of land at a first glance, be on your guard. Nearly everything here will try to kill you!

Scrimmage is 1v1 player map.

Contains:
-13 500g base (2x) 12 000g exp(2x) 12 500g exp(2x)
- 6 green camps
-12 orange camps
- 2 red camps
- 1 Tavern
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Mercenary Camps
- 2 Goblin Laboratories​

Screenshots

full

full

full

full

Changelog

[2020-01-28]

• Map Uploaded.

Author's Notes
My last pre-reforged map and it also seems to be my 20th published melee map on Hive. Thanks to everyone who helped me, gave me tips/advice/endorsement or shared my creations. Wish you all happy mapping and hopefully we will get a lot of new blood with Reforged.

Have any suggestion? Please write a comment. I am opened to any ideas. Have a nice day!
Previews
Contents

Scrimmage (Map)

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Well, this is a very good and balanced map. While Village isn't my personal favorite tileset, the map looks good nevertheless.

What I find particularly interesting is that there are just 2 trees for AoWs to eat near the merc camp. Could make for some interesting decisions, both for a nightelf whether to take that risk, and for an opponent whether to try and take advantage of it.

The creeps at the shop are a little unfriendly for footmen, given that the turtles have spiked carapace and there are two poison murlocs. Most of the creeps otherwise are fairly standard.

Not much else I can think of right now. Map approved.

Level 12
Pretty solid map that will probably work fine. It's not revolutionary, it's not super brilliant, but it does the job and abides to all the rules. And you know that always means a thumbs up from me.

The layout reminds me a little of Road to Stratholme but that's not an issue.

===

Here are some minor concerns:

Creep camps on the expos are both lvl 15. That's pretty big compared to other popular maps but still reasonable. Just saying it would be my #1 thing to observe in playtesting.

The Goblin Lab camp is questionable. Lvl 4 item drops usually start at lvl 18 creep camps, not lvl 16 camps. My information on that may be outdated, but perhaps you want to double-check that. And the lvl 21 wizard creep camp dropping a lvl 5 permanent plus a lvl 2 powerup may be acceptable, but is still pretty fat – perhaps swap the lvl 1 wiz creep for a lvl 3 rogue? Let people farm those two camps and see what their reactions are.

These creeps interfere. Could you re-arrange the trees in that area a little? Adding a few more to the left and right of the mine and removing some of the forest further south.
aggro-scrimmage.jpg

I appreciate that you bothered to place some stuff in the water (and also made it look nice). Not everybody does and it needs to be said.
islands.jpg