• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scarlet Chaplain

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Oh boy, my hand hurts from delicately cutting out each section of this model to get it right.

I took inspiration from a number of sources to get the Scarlet Crusade colour scheme just right, hence I thought I'd use a dark purple on the sides to break up the usual reds, gold and white. I also added the Scarlet emblem to replace the anchor sigil on his chest which requires the normal texture to look right.

Although this is mostly still a re-colour I hope people find it useful! Enjoy.

Note: I've also got a separate model for it if people want the original chaplain. The texture path for the separate model is just the file names with War3mapImported\ removed.

Scarlet Chaplain Model | HIVE
Previews
Contents

Scarlet Chaplain (Texture)

I think you could move down the scarlet maple down to his tabard and just slap the Paladin's Silver Hand crest on top of the Kul Tiran crest to better hide it

Or if my normal maps would just work properly that would work too lol.

Ive spent so much time with moonman on this its not even funny. Ive no idea why the old normal still appears to be there when its not present in the new one.

Great work!
What about the footman and captain ones?
I would like to try them out of possible.

Ive got a scarlet Footman but i probably won't upload it because its too simple, the Scarlet Captain has already been made if you look at my Silverhand Captain model :)

Level 7
Ive got a scarlet Footman but i probably won't upload it because its too simple, the Scarlet Captain has already been made if you look at my Silverhand Captain model :)

Thank you, I just checked!
Your work is amazing.
But please do post the Footman as well despite its temporary simplicity. I strongly believe more Skins/Models (Reforged) need to be uploaded on Hive.
I was working on something in World Editor and your Scarlet Footmen skins made my eyes sparkle. It's exactly what I was looking for.

Pretty good!
Just a small suggestion, you can delete the team colour via painting the ORM alpha section black, so that a red colour doesn't blend with red team-colour on their cloth.
I would also suggest to make the red they have slightly discoloured, since that notorious patch WC3 colours are very very vivid... but that's just suggestions, overall it look nice!

Pretty good!
Just a small suggestion, you can delete the team colour via painting the ORM alpha section black, so that a red colour doesn't blend with red team-colour on their cloth.
I would also suggest to make the red they have slightly discoloured, since that notorious patch WC3 colours are very very vivid... but that's just suggestions, overall it look nice!

Yeah i dont mind the tc being there but i was thinking of desaturating some of the colours a bit, like on the pauldrons.

Ill probably go back at some point and touch up all the skins for my scarlet resources like Ive got a sorc skin too