• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Scaling using custom value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey HIVE.
So I'm trying to create an effect to "grow" some units but there is a problem that even though the maths of the trigger say unit should reach 100% height scale (of original) it does not.

• grow Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set m = (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in m and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set e[1] = (Units owned by (Picked player) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Wheat) and (((Matching unit) is Summoned) Equal to True)))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in e[1] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Greater than 3000
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- MY ACTIONS --------
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to ((Custom value of (Picked unit)) + ((Integer(((Percentage mana of (Picked unit)) / 20.00))) + 10))
                  • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s size to (((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) / 60.00)%, ((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) / 60.00)%, ((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) / 30.00)%) of its original size
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_e[1])
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_m)
The maths say when it reaches final stage (custom value of >3000) it should be at 50% length and width and 100% height but it ends closer to something like 30% no matter if I change the original scale value of the unit or the percentage changed formula.

I even changed height formula to something ridiculous like custom value*100 and nothing changed in-game.

Anyone got ideas to sort this out?

Level 8
Yes that was the problem and works smoothly now except the units are too damn wide!

Just when you think you got something perfect WE turns round and kicks u in the nuts :(

Thanks for the info.

SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.