• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save map load next map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Öhm, a tutorial, I guess not. e.g. Blizzard needed 725 triggers and more then 8000 variables for chapter1 of the orc-rpg (in the main map)

I think there's another way using save-games, but I dunno how this works exactly (though it didn't work in rotd for me)

Level 4
they didnt need that many - its quite easy there is a trigger for it the action is in game category

Level 5
Yeah, I got the same prob.
Btw, if you want to move from map 2 another, use savegame trigger, set a string variable in a game cache and fill it with the place name. Then remove the hero from the game. Set the game's next level and set the game to victory. In the 2nd map, use wait 1 sec for trigger's events. Load the game cache, then load the hero and other things, load the string variable. Then use "If" action to set the place where the hero will start, with the string as condition. I think, this trigger will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.