• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Save/load triggers with import REQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hay there
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/elemental-staff-185953/

We need and save/load system to this map.
Save/load can be GUI/Jass/vJass just anything.
It could store:
-Exp
-Gold
-Lumber
-Items
-Quest done/Taken (Don't need status, like 4/10 A monsters killed)
-Abilities and levels for them

If you want to help our team, post here or here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/elemental-staff-185953/

maybe an skype name: hases994.
You will gain extra credits and +Rep :thumbs_up:

_>$ Palooo3

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have a prety basic save/load system, that logically can be used to save the above items.

Features of it....
  • Name protection (case insensitive)
  • Customizable character set
  • Checksum protection
  • Can code any integer with specified precision
  • High efficency loading

Features it lacks (but could add if needed)...
  • Final code colouring
  • Character and order encoding (not a vital secuity feature but makes changes less predictable).

Level 10
I have a prety basic save/load system, that logically can be used to save the above items.

Features of it....
  • Name protection (case insensitive)
  • Customizable character set
  • Checksum protection
  • Can code any integer with specified precision
  • High efficency loading

Features it lacks (but could add if needed)...
  • Final code colouring
  • Character and order encoding (not a vital secuity feature but makes changes less predictable).

Actually im dont understand Jass :(.
I've requested with importing coz im Totally bad at this triggers. We are just basic GUI and terrainers, what trying to import systems.
If you can make it working for our map, we would be thanks ! :grin:

sorry for bad english, and thanx for try to help :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Ofcourse I could make it work for your map, but for that I eithor need extreem detail of your map or the map itself.

This is because an efficent save load system needs an itermediate layer which converts abilities, hero types and items into a reduced number and also the ranges of values to be stored have to be made clear.

Basically, you get your hero type. You pass that through a reducer system which gets a small integer from it which you then pass to the save system which saves it. In the other direction you load the small integer from the code and then (if the code passes validation ofcourse) pass that to the decoder which will then return the valid hero type to load. This also adds extra saftey and stops you loading bugged codes (like of a boss or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.