• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satyr3.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Hawk
A experiment with the satyr model and feathers. My first skin which i uploaded.
I m not able to find cool names for my creations...
Nearly everything is freehand, just a few details are only recolored. Likey the eyes or his feet.

He is bird man, a fighter for the side of light. Bird man life somewhere near the night elfes, which are allys of the bird men.

Bird man cant fly, but they are able to speak with birds so they dont need to fly.
The old a bird man is, the longer his feathers get. Loosing his feather sis as awful as a dwarf loosing his beard.They get blue feathers then an try to hunt big Monster =O

Keywords:
satyr, feathers,Comic,Bird,Man,Creep
Contents

Bird Man (Texture)

Reviews
15:35, 25th Feb 2010 CloudWolf: This skin made me chuckle a bit :) It's a pretty original idea, however, it definately needs some updates :P At present, the feathered areas are a tad monotone. This makes them appear almost solid orange in game...

M

15:35, 25th Feb 2010
CloudWolf: This skin made me chuckle a bit :) It's a pretty original idea, however, it definately needs some updates :p

At present, the feathered areas are a tad monotone. This makes them appear almost solid orange in game. I'd recommend shading each feather a bit more where they overlap. That way they will be better defined :)

In terms of detail its pretty good, it just needs some more shading done to it to help the feathers stand out :) I'll leave it as pending for the moment, and give you a chance to update it before I give it a rating ;)

Dentothor: No changes made. Rejected until updated.

Level 13
AHHHH! MY EYES!

Seriously though, you should take a look at feathered skins in the Warcraft III directory (I think the hippogryph is a great example). You'll see that the feathers are very, very defined. This is so that they will actually appear on the model's unwrap. So overall, this skin needs more definition, and it needs to seriously be toned down.

Level 45
Here some tips:
Study beaks and bird face anatomy:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2396/2165047562_01c8781b27.jpg
http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/bird%20face/fullsize/bird%20face_4b08c5db6979e_hires.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/wildlifeweb/bird/bald_eagle/bald_eagle_03tk.jpg

Take a look at these feathers and mimic the patterns but make them
yellow, atm yours look like scales o.0:
feathers-and-plumage-main.jpg

eagle-feathers-edwards-1073296-sw.jpg[

Change his feet to claws, it still has hooves

Try to avoid looking for such a bright gold look, add a tint of blue and green to make it more natural.

i did not touch them at all....

Y but sometimes when you change file format they gets destroyed,
same if you convert from tga to blp and use large compression lvl!

I try to add console texture into my last project, with cool blood details but only 4 main textures are about 3,5 MB, I convert them to blp with 85 (I try 60 it destroy channel) compression level and with all other they are still larger than 1 MB, so I quit that work :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't know dude, i really want to help but I'm poor with 2D art :confused: