• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sand Storm spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im trying to make a spell named Sandstorm...when cast,the whole map is supposed to gain a sandstorm effect(Weather - Wind(Heavy)),and all enemy units on the map are supposed to take X damage per second(Spell has 3 levels,damage should increase with each level)

The problem is,i have absolutely no clue how to do this.I dont even have a clue how to make the effect to happen.Im using

Event - unit starts the effect of an ability

Ability being cast equal to Sandstorm

Environment - set weather to Wind(Heavy)

but its not working.Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Level 29
Two ways to damage all units on map:

• Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 10.00)%
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 9000000.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

About the fog - sadly, weather effects are really buggy and always bug with large regions.

Level 29
Not any effective way that I know :/

By the way, just in case you don't know whats the diffrence beetwin those 2 ways, the first one just removes life, the second one however makes the caster to damage all units.

This is important in case you want/don't want to give the caster owner the kills credit.

Level 12
Works!Thanks a lot...+rep...and +rep for you wolf,your advice gave me a real good idea about the damage system....

Does anyone have an idea how i can add some buffs to the affected units?And how to make the spell only affect enemy heroes?

Level 29
Omg ! every time someone asks me about weather effects I say the same thing and forget that it needs to be enabled... *punches his head* THINK dammit THINK ! :xxd:

• Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 10000000.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • -------- or the second option --------
      • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 10.00)
      • -------- by the way, on the previous trigger I gave you it was on precentages by mistake --------
      • -------- not thats it bad, just I think you want a constant value ? --------

For a all-map buff, create a dummy unit in the middle of the map and give him a aura (you can set it to effect only Enemy,Heros) and again, give it a HUGE number for the area.
In case that 99999 is not enough for you (dunno why would that happen), you can press the Ctrl key and double left-click the area (this works for almost any value in the object manager), then you would be able to type in a value that ranges from -1,000,000,000 to 1,000,000,000.

[nontopic] c00l new icons on the site ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.