• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Same Ability with different level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
One thing I've noticed while fidling with using an ability with multiple levels on a single unit type, and triggering one of the 2 units to have the ability at a higher level than the other is, when both are selected:

>It will always display the highest levels description
>It will always display the highest levels requirements for both mana
>Casting it will cause both units, if possible, to cast the ability normally.

This is a very interesting set of possibilities, especially the first, as it allows what are triggered as different abilities to be used on a single command on the same unit without wasting space, and the second, as it allows you to essentially do this:

>Set Ability Level to 2 on units
>Make the level 1 have a techtree requirement while the level 2 does not
>Have a unit cast the ability, then reduce the level of the ability to 1 on that unit, so other units can still use it.

I was wondering if there was a list of other things you can do with these abilities of different level, hence Im posting this. I really think Hive should make a mini-wiki in which users can easily submit and search for things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.