1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sam-Site

Submitted by Kofi_Banan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Automatic anti air system made for my WiC map.
Zip includes missile.

plz credit

NOTE: When importing the missile included in this zip, change its name so that it is NOT SamSite_Portrait, or the portrait will bug ingame.

Keywords:
AA, SAM, Rocket, Missile, Tower, Turret.
Contents

Sam-Site (Model)

Sam-Site (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] Works well ingame, however, you could improve this by adding team color. Edited description to clarify a bug that occurs with the projectile as the portrait. 4/5 --donut3.5--
  1. [APPROVED]
    Works well ingame, however, you could improve this by adding team color.
    Edited description to clarify a bug that occurs with the projectile as the portrait.
    4/5
    --donut3.5--

2. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    This stuff just gets better and better.

3. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll be honest, in the light of all the excellent models you've made recently, this comes as a disappointment. The model looks fake, and is rather crudely done. Some minor resemblance with early-50s-60s SAMs but overall it looks like a crappy hollywood prop. Sorry for the harsh words, it just came as a big disappointment after all the other models you've made.

4. adythewolf

adythewolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it. Also the missile too. Great job 5/5

5. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Feanor i agree with you. Find me pics of one specific stationary SAM and ill make it :p I had problems with finding sams , needed it fast to add it near Vulcan , and thats the result xd

6. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The main issue I have with it is the fact that the missiles are a stark white

7. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those are some nice pictures you found, TDB... Hehe, Kofi, maybe you could re-make it as one of those and enter it in the modeling competition? ;-) Also, you did a good job with using the in-game textures

I just looked at it in wc3 viewer, which really isn't that reliable, but do the missiles disappear at the part of the attack where the missile would launch? If not, that would be an improvement to think about

Aha, I just opened it in Magos, and the missiles do disappear, so just ignore the suggestion above

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  9. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kofi I posted an S-300PMU2 pic. Use it, and give it like a pack/unpack time of about 30-60 secs. (in real life it takes 5 minutes to unpack).

10. Tekal

Tekal

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the missles loook...sorry to say..horrible

11. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a great model, but the sam sites dont fit the grayish dull metal of the sam site. Blinding Angel Missiles. Lol.

Pretty cool otherwise.

12. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks very childish to be honest.

13. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look its not the preetiest thing your eyes will ever be set upon but i mean come on its usefull and thats what counts !

14. Jan Mikhail

Jan Mikhail

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice. The missiles are nice, especially when you imagine it has a lock-on.