• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Salutations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Let's see... what to say?

First off, long time lurker on and off, only just joined. Love the resources available here; they've been of great help.

I've had many ideas over my Warcraft 3 career. Most sucked royally, I'm not afraid to admit, but my most recent one actually seems like it would be something big. Thus, I'm going to need help, so I made this account.

CAUTION - TANGENT AHEAD

I started playing Warcraft (not just the 3rd one) a LONG time ago. My first experience was playing the Warcraft 2 demo, and I loved it. I wasn't very good, but I still loved it. I got the full version (Battlechest, contained both Warcraft 1 and 2), and played it often. It's no surprise then that I got Warcraft 3 soon after it came out. I was much better at Warcraft by this time, but I still wasn't very good. However, I played Warcraft 3 religiously after I discovered the joys of playing online. I soon became quite good, not pro level, but that level of play that's just below pro level, not skilled enough to compete with them, but too skilled to be classified below that. Eventually I grew bored, found other games. A friend made me buy Starcraft, and Blizzard had me once more. However, this friend wasn't fond of ladder. Instead he played UMS maps. I had played a couple player-made maps for Warcraft 3 before this, but not with any sort of desire to play them, more out of experimentation. My first DotA map I played was version 6.33, I think, I can't be sure, but it was only one or two games. Only experimentation. However, my friend had shown me the fun in non-melee maps. I revisited DotA and grew to love it. Of course, this is where my desire to create maps is rooted. The actual idea for my most recent map has some part of it inspired from DotA, but mostly it was inspired by something else. I won't explain here though. I'll leave it to the map's thread once I decide I'm ready to make one.

END OF TANGENT

Specialties? I have excellent ideas (most of the time), but am not that good with execution. Most of it is a lack of experience. I have a good sense of logic, a background in basic programming (sadly my JASS isn't very good yet. I understand the principle, but I need practice), a good sense of balance, but most of all I have potential. I am quick to learn and more than willing. Oh, and I excel at anything Mathematical. One pride of mine is a spell that deals an increasing percentage of a target's HP in damage based on the target's total HP, using a parabolic equation. I'm also pretty decent at GUI triggering, once I get into it.

Personal? I'm 18, will be 19 at the end of the month. I'm a very stereotypical Leo, but I'm also very conscious of that fact and so have much fewer confrontations than I have previously had. I'm a likable person (most of the time), intellectual, and inventive. I'm not always social, but this IS something I'm passionate about, so there won't be any communication problems. I love certain animals, namely jackals and foxes (hence my avvy, a jackal). I'm a gamer at heart, and am hoping to pursue a career in game programming.

One thing I'm worried about is the difficulty of getting project members here. Will it be easy enough? The idea I want to get made contains elements of multiple backgrounds, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been done specifically. It has a lot of potential, I'm sure, but I don't think I can do it justice alone.

I hope I haven't left anything out. If you have any questions, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.