• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sacrifice Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This is not a request!
This is a suggestion for all future unit models.

IMO, Sacrifice Animation would be useful.
Hope you guys keep it in mind for your next models.

For example:
Bases on Unstable Concoction ability we can create a sacrifice ability for Water Elemental to toss himself toward a friendly target NE buildings/ancients to heal it (building/ancient).
I would imagine the sacrifice animation looks like the Waveform ability of Morph (DOTA 1 & 2).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
you have not contributed anything of your own to the site, why should anyone bend out of their way to animate something just for you?
That's very unkind of you to say. Please keep this attitude to yourself. People are allowed to give feedback on how to improve the site/community/resources without the need to wear a crown of prior contributions.

Level 10
It's a neat suggestion, though I don't know that even the Batrider or Goblin Sappers actually have a Sacrifice animation, do they? They just "move" really fast IIRC 🤔...
My bad, perhaps.

And I kind of making the ability that I mentioned as the example above with a lovely model named "Water Temple Keeper" . The result is unbelievable:razz: (no offence to the model's creator): It moves fast until it reaches its destination (center of a NE building) and ... it "jumps" to a side :ogre_rage: then performs its death animation :vw_death:. Maybe the collision of ground units :con:🤔 causes this weird behavior! If so, ground units need sacrifice animations for such rare occasion (Unstable Concoction ability based).

Yes... rare... I know, what a pity! :peasant-resident-sleeper:

Status
Not open for further replies.