• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Runestone_WCII

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I simply used a pre-existing Resurrection Stone SE and shaped it into WarCraft III's Runestone. I figured that someone out there would like to have it.
I've edited both skins for the reshaped model, as well as removed the surrounding grass from around the stone.
Credits to Blizzard for the original meshes and textures. To be honest, I've always wanted a Runestone for WarCraft III Classic, but I couldn't find one anywhere. It's why I made this.

For those who have other ideas for the Runestone model, tell me what I should do or you may freely edit this model, as you see fit. All I ask for is credit.

NOTE: The Death animation is just the Stand Work, but then Blizzard never intended to destroy the Resurrection Stones. No worries, updates will sure come.
I plan for another model that features a true Death animation.

Update:
1.) I removed both glyphs from behind the Elven Runestone, so you're left with just the other two at the front. Further Texturing will follow.
2.) I also moved a vertices behind the runestone to smooth out the edge, so it's conical.

Runestone_WCII:
- Runestone_WCII.mdx: 10.4 KB
- Runestone_WCII.blp: 50 KB
- Runestone Glyph.blp: 8 KB
Contents

Runestone_WCII (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Useful to some people, but quite too simple edit.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I like it, but I want to love this. Not only is the texture really stretched on the sides, but the proportions seem rather off. Just kinda misshapen? Ah dannae.

Is there something about the Monolith stones that doesn't serve your purpose? Do the ones from Wc2 actually look like that somehow (pics plox)?

I like it, but I want to love this. Not only is the texture really stretched on the sides, but the proportions seem rather off. Just kinda misshapen? Ah dannae.

Is there something about the Monolith stones that doesn't serve your purpose? Do the ones from Wc2 actually look like that somehow (pics plox)?
The Monoliths were only used for two things: for Resurrection Stones for Rexxar and his fellow heroes to revive when they die, and for the map called "Monolith," where Creep units use "Monolith Buildings" for Town Halls and Farms.
As for the textures and proportions, I'll figure something out.

Last edited:
If you do, I shall use this model not only to update my wc2 remake with it, but also within my Beyond the Dark Portal remake. Of course I'll credit you for it. :)
I didn't know the Resurrection Stone had no Death animation!
Of course! I will get to work when I find the time.

Last edited: