• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ruby Valley

cooltext1895123984.png
cooltext1895124754.png

An template of a custom place named Ruby Valley; can be used for a short gameplay or a cinematc.

If use give me credits :)

cooltext1895125138.png

Screen_One.jpg]

Screen_Two.jpg

Screen_Three.jpg

Keywords:
Ruby, Valley, Forsaken, Forest, Ruby Valley
Contents

Ruby Valley (Map)

Reviews
01:35, 4th Feb 2015 Orcnet: Shadow Fury's review: LINK
---------------
No time to give a thorough review but I can already notice that you put good effort into making this template.

Things that could be fixed are those bright wow trees -tint them down more to make them integrate better.

Also the normal Blizzard trees, please consider removing those, they don't fit.
Better try adding shrubs instead of those.

---------------
Can be useful for cinematic, puzzle, hide and seek type maps.
---------------
Model Bugs: It looks like the wow tree models are unaffected by fog.
It can be fixed with Magos Model Editor by unchecking the Unfogged option in Materials fixing the problem.
---------------

~ Anyway keep up the good work Forsaken ~

Level 21
Great template. I really liked how you decorated the world trees and the parts below the water (rarely seen that before). However I found some things I didn't like:

1- Why that snowy part? It's completely useless and just takes up space for nothing (about 40% of the map) and also increases filesize for no reason
2- Looking at the top right corner, I found the cityscape part pretty empty. All those broken archways but nothing between them? Kinda bad I think. You should firstly remove the pathing texture of those archways and add pathing blockers. This will allow you to apply more doodads in between the archways themselves, something you cannot do right now. Some benches, banners, obelisks, runes and such things will surely improve the look of that part
3- The roots of the world trees lack of pathing blockers. My troops can pass through them like ghosts
4- Oh dear, that world tree below the "dam" is overscaled. If this is going to be used for a playable map, that part will be extremely annoying. The camera sight gets blocked by the huge trunk and the red flowers on the trees
5- The fog is too weak. I set the Z End of the fog at 8000 and it was almost the same as the 15000 you set. I'd suggest putting the Z Start to 0 and the Z End in between 5000 - 8000 to create a noticeable fog

Overall I appreciated this map. However, since there are some vital issues that need to be fixed, I'll be giving 3/5 (fix them, and nothing will stop me from giving you 4/5 or even 4.5/5) but I'd still like to vote for APPROVAL!

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Definetely looks like place i would like to find myself in.Good work!

Last edited by a moderator: