1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

RPG Help

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Kalamestari_69, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Kalamestari_69

Kalamestari_69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... i need some help for my rpg i am making. I just want answers to my questions.
    :fp:Question 1.= I need help with save/load system. Can someone tell me how to make or tell save/load system that saves hero's stats, items, spells, exp. Can someone help with this :confused:?
    :fp:Question 2.= Second. Is it possible to put a player's name to hero? Like my name to some hero :confused:?
    :fp:Question 3.= Third. I need some sort of bank system. Where hero can store his items :confused:.
    :fp:Question 4.= And finaly fourth. How to make an extra inventory to hero? Something like a backpack (item). When you activate it, another inventory will apear. And there should be a way to get back to the first inventory :confused:.

I would be very gratefull if someone would answer to my questions.:wthumbsup:

2. blazing-inferno

blazing-inferno

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    this doesn't go here, most likely this goes in requests or world editor

3. Blood Oath

Blood Oath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why in the modeling forum?

4. Kalamestari_69

Kalamestari_69

Resources:
    Resources:
    sry. My mistake...

5. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thread moved.

For the forth question: I think Vexorian made a kind of system you're looking for. Perhaps you can find it here or wait until Wc3c returns.

6. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    1. Maybe I can do this for you. If you tell me:
    • The maximum items (how many items you use in your map)
    • Maximum stats (the highest strengh, agility and intelligence you can get)
    • Spells are waste of time and code lenght to save (I recommend not to save that)
    • Sure you want to save xp, and not levels? if levels what is the maximum

The reason why im asking for this is to make the code so short as possible.
    example: if you want to save xp and your hero got 123456789 xp, then the code only for xp will get 9 digits long. But if you instead save levels and the maximum level is 99, the code for levels will only be 2 digits long

2. Its only possible in object editor. You cant add names with triggers.. blizzard should have added that function.

3. You can simpel create a unit with an inventory. Does the save/load code also need to save those items?

4. Yes vexorian have created a system for that. Look at wc3campaigns.net when its running agian.. Right now the site is down

7. CombatTheWombat

CombatTheWombat

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Since you have already been told about vexorians system I will answer your other questions.

1.Send a message to the creator of any of the rpgs that are currently on battle.net, I am sure they would be happy to help you, or let .KC do your work for you :p.

2.After you create your hero go into the object editor and select your hero. Scroll down to right near the bottom of the list and find "Proper Names" and "Proper Names Used". Delete all the proper names and add one that is your name, or w/e name you want the hero to use. Then change the proper names used value to 1 and this will produce the desired effect.

3. I will expand on .KC's answer of this. What you want to do is create a basic unit, probably changing the model file to the gold chest model, or the horse trough, just something that looks like a container. Then you want to go to the top of the list and give it the base ability 'inventory: hero'. Then make sure that it cant move, and change its movement type to NONE if you want to make it so other units can walk through it. I would also recommend giving it the invulnerability ability so that it cannot be killed.

+rep to me please if this was helpful.

8. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are not requesting any resources. This should have been moved to wehz :p.

Fixed!

9. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I can only laugh of the last thing you wrote. But yes you explained it better than me. I was just to lazy to explain everything in details

10. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He explained it better then you but he's still a flaming rep-whore.

11. Kalamestari_69

Kalamestari_69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, i go and look for it. Or i can just wait until wc3c returns. Thx!:wsmile:

12. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    4. ive done this before and used a spell book for a backpack. it works

13. Kalamestari_69

Kalamestari_69

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.Well lets see. Max level of the hero is 255. There are 127 items in the game. Max stats are 255 of all.

2.Oh...Well, thx anyway.

3.I don't know. Maybe.

4.I'll wait for that. Thx!:wsmile:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit Post button.

~Posts Merged

15. HolyRider

HolyRider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You play DOOM 2.... man that ownes