• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Okay, what im having trouble with is the triggers for a round based map im making. Basically what happens is 80 seconds in the first round begins. Each player by then has alrady selected a hero to fight with. When the round begins the heroes move from the region the are currently immobilized in, to the battle field, where they fight the other heroes. Its teams of two and only two teams are in the battle field per round. The last team standing in the field wins the round, gets a point and goes back to a region in which they cannot move - where they await there next round. As soon as the first round ends the second round begins where two new teams fight each other. Okay so what I need help doing is everything you just read above exept the whole unit moves from region X to the battlefield.

Note: When heroes arent fighting they are watching the two teams in the batte field battle it out. Also you dont need a whole team alive for that team to win, 1 person can be alive on one team, while all the other team is dead to win. Can u plz give me the triggers to make this happen? Plz not jass!

Edit: okay i really need help so if that confused you I'll late it out lighter.

Time Elapsed: 80 seconds

Team one moves from X region to battle field entrance A

Team two moves from Y region to battle field entrrance B

Team on and team to fight it out in the battle field and eventually team 2 kills the two heroes on team ones team.

Team two then win and earn 1 point. They also get teleported back to Y region where they will watch other rounds, aswell as await there next chance on the battlefield.

Team one earns no points and is revived in region X where they will also await there next chance on the battlefield.

Repeat- exept with different team. (next round would be team 2v3 then team 3v4 etc..)

What i have: (1) I did the Time Elapsed: 80 seconds

Team one moves from X region to battle field entrance A

Team two moves from Y region to battle field entrrance B trigger.

I also have variables for team 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.

P.S. I really need help plz help me!!!!!111one

Last edited:
Level 8
Ok. Lets see if the following work...

Make a variable for the heroes the players individually pick.
1st Trigger
  • Set Variables
  • Events
    • An event that picks the last hero built.
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Variable - Set Player1Hero = (Triggering unit)
2nd Trigger
  • Moving heroes
  • Events
    • Elapsed time equal to 80 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Move instantly Player1Hero to Center of TeamA region
Do the above for each hero.

3rd Trigger (Must be created twice for each team)
    • An event (if it has time limit, tell me)
  • Conditions
    • Number of units owned by allies of Player1 equal to 0 (or dead)
  • Actions
    • //create a variable called Team(a team)points for each team that can store custom unit values.
    • Set Team(1)points custom value to 1
The triggers are a bit messy, but they might give you a general idea for how to make it work.

Level 7
Ok. Lets see if the following work...

Make a variable for the heroes the players individually pick.
1st Trigger
  • Set Variables
  • Events
    • An event that picks the last hero built.
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Variable - Set Player1Hero = (Triggering unit)
2nd Trigger
  • Moving heroes
  • Events
    • Elapsed time equal to 80 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Move instantly Player1Hero to Center of TeamA region
Do the above for each hero.

3rd Trigger (Must be created twice for each team)
    • An event (if it has time limit, tell me)
  • Conditions
    • Number of units owned by allies of Player1 equal to 0 (or dead)
  • Actions
    • //create a variable called Team(a team)points for each team that can store custom unit values.
    • Set Team(1)points custom value to 1
The triggers are a bit messy, but they might give you a general idea for how to make it work.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Im so repping you. Gj and thanks again!

Level 7
Sorry for double posting but i have a question.

I made it like u said. I created a variable for points and all was good but than i realized a bug in my trigger. Whenever team one is completley dead, team 2 gets a point. So then i added in some events that our probably useless and added some conditions. Can you tell me if this will work?

*Note: Whats happening in this trigger? k well trigger 1 is used to get the two teams off there sorry asses and onto the battle field.*

*In trigger 2 what i ment to happen was once the two teams are in the battlezone (thats what i call it :/ ) the conditions check to make sure the players in the battlezone our correct, so the action doesnt give team 2 points whenever team1 dies. This prolly wont work... Also what happens in this trigger is the outcome if team 1 loses. It also has 2 final actions, after points are given its a 31 second wait and then team two is teleported to there side of the battlefield. Then 2 second after that team 3 is telported to there side of the battlefield, thus the 2nd round begins. (Team 2 vs Team 3).

*In trigger 3 its the same as trigger 2, except its the outcome if team 2 loses. Since the second round is always team 2 v team 3m red is tped back to there area and team is revived (i dont show the revivel triggers) and telpeorted into the battlefield to fight team 3 (which of course is teleported into the battlefield).

So anyway analize the triggers to see if theyll work how i want them two.

• Round 1 A
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 80.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Team 1 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn A <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Team 2 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn B <gen>))
  • Round 1 B
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Battle Zone <gen>
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
      • (Number of units in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set Team2points = 1
      • Wait 31.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Battle Zone <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn A <gen>))
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Team 3 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn B <gen>))
  • Round 1 C
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
      • (Number of units in (Units owned by Player 3 (Teal))) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units owned by Player 4 (Purple))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Battle Zone <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Team 1 <gen>))
      • Set Team1points = 1
      • Wait 31.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Team 2 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn A <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Team 3 <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn B <gen>))
Edit: one of the main things i need to know is will htis fix the bug in whitch everytime team one dies team 2 scores a point?

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, I havent made a testing map to try them, but i think they will work. Although i dont know if u need 4 events for each player, but ill check. Sorry for my mistakes. Since i helped other people but didnt give me +rep, i dont think you must rep me exept if u just feel the extreme attractive need to do so :D... anyway sry ...

Status
Not open for further replies.