• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with triggers on my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone!!! This is actually my first post on this site :grin:. I am making a map where there's 4 teams and 12 players, every 60 seconds a new round starts, every one must go to the middle and fight. Each round lasts 120 seconds. The problem is that I do not know how to check which teams wins the round. I was thinking bout something like: when round ends the PC will check who is left every 1 second, when only one team is standing the PC will tell the who is the winner and it's gonna wait another 60 seconds to start next round. I need help, it will be very helpful if some one makes an example map. Just help me do it in any way, thanks!

Level 6
Okay, you could do this in 2 ways.
Either make it so the game counts the amount of gold a team has[to do this units must have a bounty which isnt diced, for example every unit drops 1 gold and nothing more or less] and then compare it to the other teams, the team with the most gold means they have got the most kills which then means they won the round.

Or, a system which counts the amount of units left after a round has finished, and then compare the teams on which has the most units left.
Team with the most units left wins the round.

I attached a map with a simple trigger that you can learn from. Download Here
Please note the trigger in the map is for 2 teams of 2.
You will need to edit it to the amount of teams and players you want in each time.

Hope i helped :)

-pRo

Attachments

• Round Winner Decider. CountUnitsLeft.w3x
    8.6 KB · Views: 41
Level 3
Okay, you could do this in 2 ways.
Either make it so the game counts the amount of gold a team has[to do this units must have a bounty which isnt diced, for example every unit drops 1 gold and nothing more or less] and then compare it to the other teams, the team with the most gold means they have got the most kills which then means they won the round.

Or, a system which counts the amount of units left after a round has finished, and then compare the teams on which has the most units left.
Team with the most units left wins the round.

I attached a map with a simple trigger that you can learn from. Download Here
Please note the trigger in the map is for 2 teams of 2.
You will need to edit it to the amount of teams and players you want in each time.

Hope i helped :)

-pRo

Sorry, but it did not help me at all, I said it has to check every one second until only one team is left, you checked once and you checked how many PLAYERS on each team instead of UNITS owned in region by teams.

Level 6
Just re-read your first post..
you want 2 rounds going on at once basically?
Hmm, i'm unsure on how to do that..
i probably could re-write the above trigger i made so it checks every one second..
but i doubt i can go further than that.

+ what will the teams be made up of?
Heroes+Units or Just heroes? or Just units?:
You really need to explain more what you want to do.

Okay, i've edited the trigger.
This trigger will enable a round 5 seconds into the game.
The round will last for 60 seconds.. once the round has finished, all the units on the map will be paused.
Each team will have the amount of units left alive counted up and added together.
Once the teams have had the amount of units left counted up.. the computer will work out which out of all the teams have the most amount of units left.
This team wins the round.

The map attached is actually a game now.. it has units being spawned.. and its been triggered like an aos, just with no heroes.
I can't do anymore till you explain in better detail what you want lol.
Sorry i am doing my best aha.

Attachments

• RoundWinnerV2.w3x
    14.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.