• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotating Golf Ball (model) Still Need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am currently working on a Mini-Gold game for Warcraft III and I am in search of a sufficient golf ball. I see the BlitzBall and the DBZ ball, but neither of them have an animation, and a ball NOT rolling on the ground, looks kind of stupid.

Now you are probably wondering "Why should I waste my time making a model for him?" The answer is simple. My map is going to be different than other "Mini-golf" games. "How so?" you may ask, and that answer is also quite simple.

My map features a Real-World Physics Simulator (RWPS [not really anything, but it sounds cool]). It features gravity, X,Y (soon to be Z) acceleration and movement, as well as changeable friction, ball mass, and gravity. The beauty of this system is the calculations are done on the spot. This means, all someone has to do is move the ground up and down, and the ball will interact with it, as if it were a real ball.

As for the specifics of this ball, I would like as many of the following:

1) A sphere (under 300 polys)
2) It rotates towards the "Facing of the Unit" This is so then I can make sure the ball looks like its rolling in the right direction.
3) The roll speed be fast enough to be noticeable, but slow enough so that I can work with it (will be using animation speed, and please make it complete 1 full rotation, back to the original position)
4) The texture does not have to be 100%, as long as it's easy enough to edit. A wrapping method similar to the BlitzBall is fine.
5) The ball shouldn't be the size of a pin, nor should it be as big as the world. Maybe the same scale as a siege engine, so then I have a bit of room to adjust to get a scale.

If you are interested, you can contact me at [email protected] . Of course, credits to the maker, in my map.

Level 4
so, even if the ball is not moving, it will still spin? maybe if you have a stand animation, does nothing then a stand hit which would make it spin : :? i dont know fuck all about modelling, dont ask me why i bothered posting this crap :? just thaught it may help

Level 2
Thanks

The Death_Stalker said:
so, even if the ball is not moving, it will still spin? maybe if you have a stand animation, does nothing then a stand hit which would make it spin : :? i dont know **** all about modelling, dont ask me why i bothered posting this crap :? just thaught it may help

Actually, its nice that you brought that up.

I would like to add one more thing to the list.

6) Animations - "Stand" rolling (completes 1 full rotation); "Death" ball shrinks (like it's going into a hole, or into water). The shrinking, maybe make it shrink to an extremely small size in 0.5 seconds.

As to clarrify your questions, I can controll the speed the ball rotates by changing its animation speed. So, when the ball is stopped, the animation speed will be 0 (no movement). Also, my physics system works on moving the ball in incriments (like "sliding"), not ordering the ball to move to a point.

Level 2
The "golf ball" used in GolfCraft is a wisp that is shrunken down a lot. The only reason why it doesn't really look like a wisp, is because the particle emiters in the center do not scale.

I would need an actual golf ball for my map.

Level 2
Bump

Can someone please make this. My project is currently on hold until this model is made.

Level 2
As already stated above, they do not have an animation, so they do not roll, but just stand still.

Status
Not open for further replies.