• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Romeo and Juliet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello hive workshop people!

I am from England. What do people think of when you say England? The first answer would be 'the english'. But the second would be William Shakespeare. He wrote many magnificent plays such as 'The Tempest'.

My Idea is to bring Romeo and Juliet to warcraft III in a 4 part campaign - 1 cinematic and 3 levels. The maps would be:
Cinematic - Count Paris requests Juliets hand in marrige and Lord and Lady Capulet prepare for the big Capulet Ball.

Level 1 - Romeo and his friends gatecrash the Capulet Ball.
Start Cinematic - Romeo's cousins invite him to gatecrash the Capulet Ball.
End Cinematic - Romeo catches eye of Beautiful Juliet and the Friar marries them.

Level 2 - Romeo sneaks into Capulet Manor to be with Juliet.
Start Cinematic - Lord and Lady Capulet reject Juliet
End Cinematic - Romeo comforts her in her room.

Level 3 - Romeo needs to get to Juliets Tomb.
Start Cinematic - The Friar comes up with the plan. Romeo believes Juliet has really dead.
End Cinematic - Romeo kills Count Paris, sees Juliet dead, kills himself, Juliet wakes up, sees Romeo dead, kills herself.

As you can probably work out, you play as Romeo throughout the campaign. In the first level you are also joined by 2 montague gatecrashers.

Each level is played like a maze game, but with objectives such as 'Reach Juliets Room' or 'Destroy the Capulets Gifts'. If you stray from the path, a Capulet Party go-er might spot you and you will start over.

So there we have it. Now I have 2 questions.

1. Do you think the idea is good and the game will be fun?

2. Can you reccomend a model i could use for Romeo and Juliet?

Jsprat100

Level 7
First WOW I have never heard of anyone trying to condense a literary love masterpeice into warcraft 3! 10/10 for originality lol but seriously would this work in WC3? I mean its a game designed to center around war and conflict, there have been succesful costum games which dont have war in but imo the map editer dosnt have the tools for portraying shakepear plays. I'd say this would be more suited to first person games like oblivion which has a great costum toolkit.

But saying that I'd definitly play it if it was made, and it may even educate someone in the process, I'm from england aswel and was thinking of doing one centered around barbarian britain or king arthur.

As for models... the Jaina model would make a nice juilet if you removed the staff and cloak and re textured it.

Level 18
Had to read Romeo and Juliet and watch the movie for my English class 1 week ago and since I am not like most people that would hate Shakespeare, just because you have to read it for school I can say it would be nice to see it made in Warcraft 3 style. :wink:
I think it's a great idea, but you will need to have a good understanding of the story and not just the main storyline to get a fitting cinematic I think.

Good Luck! :thumbs_up:

'A rose by any other word would smell as sweet.'

Level 8
If I were to finish, would you guys play it?

In Capulets words: 'If you be mine, I will give you to my friend. If you be not mine, Hang, Beg, Starve, Die in the streets!'

(please note that if you do not play it i will not evict you from your house or hang you on gallows)

Level 12
I had idea to make Hamlet, but thats too hard to read, not even make a cin from it. (two beer or not two beer)

Wc3 engine however cannot show lots of emotions and faces etc, so you will be limited very very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.