1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Results have come out of the old ARENA oven. Check out who won the 30th Texturing Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Roman Thureos

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Ancient Roman thureos shield. Attaches to Hand, Right of most models. Uses only in-game textures. The round shield in the second screenshot will also be uploaded at some point.
Previews
Contents

Roman Thureos (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please add a right-hand variant and add a death animation to the model.
  1. Karkul

Karkul

Resources:
    Resources:
    You beat me greatly Fingolfin.

You are a great modeler.

2. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Shouldn't it be called a scutum?

3. pleasancer benediction

pleasancer benediction

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this one better than the last one no offence my man.

4. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Although oval scuta were common (which to my untrained eye look the same as the thureos shield), the most distinctive version of scutum is the rectangular one (bent horizontally like part of the curved sidewall of a cylinder).

It's maybe possible to think that one of these shields conditioned the development of the other as one is hellenistic-greek and the other is early roman/italic (just an assumption of mine due to the proven extensive influence of greece-hellenism over the ancient inhabitants of Italy).

Then again scutum has grown to be a very general term that defines shields of all kinds, so today there might be some blurring of concepts regarding which particular shield types it would refer to. In my opinion you're not totally in the wrong there, but I don't see why you couldn't call this form of shield thureos/thyreos.

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Cuore is right: though this is technically a scutum, in the sense that scutum simply means "shield" in latin, Thureos/Thyreos is the greek name for this particular long, oval type of shield (which was actually historically the most commonly used shield by the Romans). I really intended to make a Thureos first hand, the "roman" part was just an afterthought when i saw how it turned out.

6. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please add a right-hand variant and add a death animation to the model.