• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] [Role playing Game 1.5]Need people for map tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Edit: Just to be clear here, I am updating an already existing map. The bugs my map contains should be trivial and not affect gameplay too much.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8685083/rpg_1_05_en---new.w3x.html

I am reworking "Role Playing Game 1.05" and doing some tweaks to this map.

- Default Time to create potions with Alchemy Set reduced to 2 seconds (from 30)
- Default Time to open boxes with Lockpicks reduced to 2 seconds (from 30)
- Max Level increased to 99 (probably buggy?, not tested)
- Some items added in front of the first shop. Else, players got punished too hard for not buying a healing potion in the shop, dieing versus basically the first monsters they encounter. (Removed noobtrap)
- Second shop added, you can now buy way more powerful weapons. For a way more powerful price!
- TODO: Spelling fixes
- TODO: Additional translations
- TODO: Power-Ups and items spread across the map in order to reward exploration
- TODO: Stackable items to create more item space
- TODO: Added 1-2 buyable shields

Map page, previous version:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/role-playing-game-1-04-a-82038/

Download: http://www.file-upload.net/download-8685083/rpg_1_05_en---new.w3x.html

Watch out for:
- Spelling mistakes
- Polish language
- Bugs with the second shop, leveling over level 18, picklocking and alchemy.
- Selling items available in the second shop.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• rpg_1_05_en - new.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 4
Bump

Just to be clear here, I am updating an already existing map. The bugs my map contains should be trivial and not affect gameplay too much.

Oh, and damn, guess I have to somewhen get to a new name. Any suggestions? :p

Level 4
Fair enough!

Second one is from the equipment menu.

Third one is from the backpack menu.

Attachments

• RPG1.png
    RPG1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 194
  • RPG2.png
    RPG2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 197
  • RPG3.png
    RPG3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
Level 4
I am not the original author, I just try to edit a few things of which I believe can improve the user's experience (design patterns).

Please understand that I do not re-write ALL dialogues in small letters. Sure, I will fix spelling errors and missing translations, but I have to weight cost-benefits ratio. In other words, with the time saved for redoing basically ALL texts I could do way more useful stuff instead.
It's spelled Strength.
Where did you find that typo?

Gosh, just think about how much time Captain Capslock and his Shift-Crew must have stayed at this map!

Level 4
Hint: Current skills "Lockpicking" (?) and "Alchemy" don't give any major benefits. They used to reduce the time for the action from 30 seconds to 1 second...sometimes. I decided to remove the feature because it felt somewhat toxic to the user. I reduced the wait time to 2 seconds whether you have the skill or not. I will try to add features to those skills in the feature (ideas: alchemy: chance to get permanent stats, lockpick: bonus items (unique?)). TBH, I personally went afk whenever I had to wait 30 seconds.

Hint 2: I might replace the hero skills. They feel a bit clumpy, and the 4 skills (Healing Wave, Pinguin, Curse...) just feel clumped together with no reason. I will probably do hero skills fitting more for each role. Also, I will try to reduce mana costs by a lot and increase the rank 1 effects of abilities. This way you should feel less punished for spamming your abilities and for taking more than 2 hero skills.

Hint 3: I am thinking about replacing the assassin (Demonhunter) model with the warden and replace the voice over with the lines of "Shauna Vayne, the Night Hunter" of LoL. Lines spoken: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Vayne/Background

Level 4
Are you interested in Work-In-Progress versions? They shouldn't have any critical bugs, but prob have some additional features*, some FIXED CAPSLOCK and a few kinda funny (sometimes sexual or romantic) references.

* Actually, just right now I made items stackable, they also get removed from the backpack, but the slot in the backpack menu still gets used by the "fake" item for whatever reason, but you can work around it by simply unloading all items from your backpack menu.

Level 4
Did anyone manage to solve the quest "The mysterious ring", "debt" "deer hunter" (It seems there is a bug which let the quest not ending if you killed to many deers, but it might be solvable if you go to the quest person before you killed too many of those)

Status
Not open for further replies.