• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Rocket-- can someone help me with this pls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peu

Peu

Level 1
o well.. just before i get outta asking... im new to this forum.. and i hope not posting on wrong place i.i... well... what i was asking is how to make a skill that creates a projectile that goes in a line and explodes on the first unit that its encounters (doing AoE damge by lvl of that skill )... and if not found explode at the targeted place... ( i just hope don't making any mess... newbie in editor and with a bad english ... sry )

Peu

Peu

Level 1
humm.. well.. so sry for posting at wrong place =/... but well... i was playng a litte with the editor and i got a small idea.... but don't solve all my problens =/... its make a unit for rocket.. so when cast a dummy ability its creates a unit called rocket at the front of the casting unit ( i don't have made it spawn in front... cuz i dunno how to )... so i made the missile goses on the direction that was targeted...the rocket has the goblin mine ability... so when get near a enemy ots explodes... but well when its goes to the target its stay here and nothing more hapens.. i hope that help someone help me ^^

Oh... one mroe thing... i have discovered a way to make a int rocket... that tracks its prey alone.... just do more or less that i have done for the other rocket... but this time... creat a rocket with the goblin clockwork suicide skill... and make it for the neutral hostile... so when the rocket reach its position it will track everything nearby (less other neutral hostile units) including you and will make a nice kaboom when its reachs its prey... ^^ i think with just a bunch of trigers you can make its kill is reward and points come to you but well i just think not tried nothing yet...

Last edited:
Level 18
Peu said:
humm.. well.. so sry for posting at wrong place =/... but well... i was playng a litte with the editor and i got a small idea.... but don't solve all my problens =/... its make a unit for rocket.. so when cast a dummy ability its creates a unit called rocket at the front of the casting unit ( i don't have made it spawn in front... cuz i dunno how to )... so i made the missile goses on the direction that was targeted...the rocket has the goblin mine ability... so when get near a enemy ots explodes... but well when its goes to the target its stay here and nothing more hapens.. i hope that help someone help me ^^

Simple enough:

• Rocket
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rocket
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Rocket for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Target point of ability being cast)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current order of (Last created unit)) Not equal to (Order(move))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Activate Kaboom!
        • Else - Actions
Trigger Explanation:
Basically leave everything like you had it except make it so the Rocket unit has the goblin Kaboom! ability, and it should use it if it gets to the point where you aimed the spell at. Haven't tested it and it's 12:46 AM over here, so I might have made some horrible mistake.

Peu

Peu

Level 1
thanks a lot guys... that will help me alot =)~ ... later wi will try add some other effects... i would like to try first =) ( like making the exploding place burn ( likely blood mage 's flamestrike does to the ground) ) now my rocket shooter game can be proceded ^^... and lol... i was searching on jass scripts for do that xD, and you guys can count on me for some help if need ( realy i get some weird game sugestions on my head when im sleeping o__o ) ... oh no... i was testing ( well i test when i get time for do , idon't stop studyng for create -.- ) , well the problem was a weird thing that i dunno how to explain ... lets say that the normal unit from editor placed , is visible floating and explode .... well when its is being created by the trigger its turns changed... don't float , is invisible and don't get the explode ability ... i cheked of the unit created was the same of the otehr ... but it as ... i dunno if a mistake i have done or something from the editor

Last edited:
Level 3
well i think he wanted a magic that is a shockwave with immolation and it will KA-BOOM in the end...thats almost right huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.