• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Riverpaw Tribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campaign Details

The first mission will take place shortly after Arthas becomes a death knight, The gnolls will be just introduced to Thule Ravenclaw, who aims to turn all the gnolls of Lordaeron into his undead minions. Under heavy attack by the scourge, they decide to leave lordaeron and head south to the Wetlands of Khaz Modan.

The Last mission will end up at the base of Mount Hyjal, deep in Felwood. Under Medivh's orders, they will attack the Scourge and Burning Legion forces building up against the summit.

The race so far go as follows:

Racial Ability
Frenzy- Standard Frenzy modify to have a cooldown of 60.

Melee Units
Gnoll Runt- Worker unit.
Gnoll Brawler- Basic melee unit. Can learn Defend.
Gnoll Stalker- (Requires Lumberyard) Basic ranged unit. Can learn Shadowmeld.
Gnoll Outrunner- (Requires Outpost) Advanced melee unit. Can learn Spike Trap.
Gnoll Mystweaver- (Requires Outpost) Support nature caster. Has Myst Ward. Can learn Entangling Roots and Monsoon.
Gnoll Geomancer- (Requires Outpost) Offensive nature caster
Gnoll Warhawk Rider- Basic ranged air unit. Can learn Screech.

Melee Heroes
Gnoll Alpha- Offensive melee hero.
Gnoll Scout- Offensive ranged hero.

Melee Structures
Gnoll Camp- Tier 1 townhall structure. Produces Runts.
Gnoll Outpost- Tier 2 townhall structure. Has the Well Fed ability. Produces Runts.
Gnoll Fort- (Requires Altar of Fangs) Tier 3 townhall structure. Has the Well Fed ability. Produces Runts.
Kennels- Primary troop production structure. Produces Brawlers, Stalkers, and Outrunners. Researches Defend and Stealth Training.
Forge- Armor and weapon upgrade depot.
Lumberyard- Lumber depot structure. Researches Longbows and Marksmanship.
Savage Tower- (Requires Lumberyard) Primary defensive structure. Has Battle Stations for Runts.
Gnoll Hut- Primary food production structure.
Altar of Fangs- Hero revival structure. Produces Alphas and Scouts.
Elemental Grove- (Requires Outpost) Nature caster production structure. Produces Mystweavers and Geomancers. Researches Mystweaver Adept Training and Geomancer Adept Training.

Campaign Units
Gnoll Sea Harvester- Naval worker unit.

Campaign Structures
Gnoll Shipyard- (Requires Lumberyard) Primary naval unit production structure. Produces Gnoll Sea Harvesters.

Researches
Backpack- Allows gnoll ground units to carry items for heroes.
Defend- Allows Brawlers to use the Defend ability.
Geomancer Adapt Training-
Iron Armor-
Decreases damage taken from enemies.
Iron Arrows-
Increases ranged damage.
Iron Weapons- Increases melee damage.
Longbows- Increases the range of Stalkers.
Marksmanship- Increases the attack speed of Stalkers
Mystweaver Adept Training- (Rank 1) Allows Mystweavers to use the Entangling Roots ability. (Rank 2: Requires Fort) Allows Mystweavers to use the Monsoon ability.
Spike Trap- Allows Outrunners to place Spike Trap wards to damage opponents.
Stealth Training- Allows Stalkers to become invisible before attacking at night.
Studded Leather- Decreases damage taken by enemies.

Abilities
Myst Ward- Summonable ward that heals nearby units while obscuring vision.
Spike Trap- Summonable ward that damages units walking over it.
Well Fed- Provides a small bonus to nearby units' attack damage.
Screech- Lowers enemy attack rate.

Level 2
Looks awesome Mephestrial, might you consider flying units? The knolls would be a little left in the dust by other races without it.

Level 13
Unless they conpensate with improved anti-air units, strong infantry and a racial flying transport ship.

Current Helpers
-Bluebay, Cinematics and Triggers
-jijbentdik, Terrain
-Mephestrial, Models, Storyline, and Terrain

Campaign Progress

Map 1
Terrain: 100%
Triggers: 0%

Map 2
Terrain: 100%
Triggers: 0%

The race so far go as follows:

Racial Ability
Frenzy- Standard Frenzy modify to have a cooldown of 60.

Melee Units
Gnoll Runt- Worker unit. Has Frenzy. Can learn Scent.
Gnoll Brawler- Basic melee unit. Has Frenzy. Can learn Defend and Scent.
Gnoll Outrunner- (Requires Outpost) Advanced melee unit. Has Frenzy. Can learn Scent and Spike Trap.
Gnoll Stalker- (Requires Lumberyard) Basic ranged unit. Has Frenzy. Can learn Scent and Stealth Training.
Gnoll Rockbreaker- (Requires Forge) Siege log-weilding, brutish gnoll. Has Frenzy. Can learn Scent.
Taskmaster- (Requires Fort) Heavy worker and support unit. Has Frenzy and Endurance Aura. Can learn Scent.
Gnoll Mystweaver- Support nature caster. Has Frenzy and Myst Ward. Can learn Entangling Roots, Monsoon, and Scent.
Gnoll Geomancer- Offensive nature caster. Has Frenzy and Summon Earth Elemental. Can Learn Earthquake, Lightning Shield, and Scent.
Gnoll Warhawk Rider- Basic ranged air unit. Has Frenzy and Lightning Attack. Can learn Screech.

Melee Heroes
Gnoll Alpha- Offensive melee hero.
Gnoll Scout- Offensive ranged hero.

Melee Structures
Gnoll Camp- Tier 1 townhall structure. Produces Runts.
Gnoll Outpost- Tier 2 townhall structure. Has the Well Fed ability. Produces Runts.
Gnoll Fort- (Requires Altar of Fangs) Tier 3 townhall structure. Has the Well Fed ability. Produces Runts.
Altar of Fangs- Hero revival structure. Produces Alphas and Scouts.
Kennels- Primary troop production structure. Produces Brawlers, Stalkers, Outrunners, and Taskmasters. Researches Defend, Stealth Training, and Scent.
Lumberyard- Lumber depot structure. Researches Longbows and Marksmanship.
Nesting Grounds- (Requires Outpost) Trains Warhawk Riders. Researches Screech.
Elemental Grove- (Requires Outpost) Nature caster production structure. Produces Mystweavers and Geomancers. Researches Mystweaver Adept Training and Geomancer Adept Training.
Forge- Armor and weapon upgrade depot. Researches Steel Melee Weapons, Steel Ranged Weapons, and Steel Armor.
Gnoll Hut- Primary food production structure.
Savage Tower- (Requires Lumberyard) Primary defensive structure. Has Battle Stations for Runts.
Flea Market- Primary shop structure.

Campaign Units
Gnoll Sea Harvester- Naval worker unit.

Campaign Structures
Gnoll Shipyard- (Requires Lumberyard) Primary naval unit production structure. Produces Gnoll Sea Harvesters.

Researches
Scent- Allows gnoll ground units to sense nearby invisible or burrowed units.
Backpack- Allows gnoll ground units to carry items for heroes.
Defend- Allows Brawlers to use the Defend ability.
Geomancer Adapt Training-
Iron Armor- Decreases damage taken from enemies.
Iron Arrows- Increases ranged damage.
Iron Weapons- Increases melee damage.
Longbows- Increases the range of Stalkers.
Marksmanship- Increases the attack speed of Stalkers
Mystweaver Adept Training- (Rank 1) Allows Mystweavers to use the Entangling Roots ability. (Rank 2: Requires Fort) Allows Mystweavers to use the Monsoon ability.
Spike Trap- Allows Outrunners to place Spike Trap wards to damage opponents.
Stealth Training- Allows Stalkers to become invisible before attacking at night.
Studded Leather- Decreases damage taken by enemies.

Abilities
Scent- Very short-range ability that reveals invisible and burrowed enemies.
Myst Ward- Summonable ward that heals nearby units while obscuring vision.
Spike Trap- Summonable ward that damages units walking over it.
Screech- Lowers enemy attack rate.
Well Fed- Provides a small bonus to nearby units' attack damage.

Level 23
How many spellcasting units are there? And, is there any specific idea that would be welcme or needs to be made? I ask, cause I have a spellcasting (high priest/shaman) type of gnoll that I am modeling, and figured there might be some use for it :p
(I'll get a textured pic when I can)

Level 23
Ok. Well, the gnoll I have is kindof hard to fit into the gnoll race due to the flying (concept idea based off another game) but it your choice as to where it could fit, if ever. I probably should make the floating as an alternate set of anims so it can be used :/ In short, the gnoll has a brown cloak, a priest-like staff (double diamond on top) and a painted mask representing a Gnoll diety.

Level 9
Well as the newest omega to the tribe, I have a few ideas;

the Gnolls could use another base defense structure, I was thinking of a small catapult, mounted behind a large rock, with a gnoll loading boulders in after each shot.

The Gnolls are also in need of a mobile siege weapon, something a mobile catapult that hurls giant stone axes in place of boulders would be neat.

They could also use another hero, a female one at that:

The Den Mother

Beautiful and benevolent by nature the Den Mother is the heart of every Gnoll Tribe, the only breeding female among a Gnoll tribe she is fiercely protected by every member of the tribe, even the lowly Runts will attack with an unbridled savage fury to protect her.

Level 9
Although benevolent by nature a Den Mother will venture out of Den and wade into battle alongside her kin should anything threaten her pack. When roused to battle the den mother will aid her kin with power beneficial spells, rouse powerful allies to her side, and summon fierce elements upon her enemies.

Here's a few ideas for spells for her:

Ancestral Blessing: Calls upon the blessings of the gnoll ancestors, increasing the armor and health regeneration of all nearby friendly units for a short period of time.

Summon Body Guards: Summons a pair of Gnoll Body Guards to protect the Den Mother. Gnoll Body Guards are permanent until slain. Only two Gnoll Body Guards may be summoned at any one time.

Nurturing Aura: The Den Mother carries a Nurturing Aura about her causing nearby friendly units to regenerate their health very quickly when out of combat.

Level 9
Fury of Winds: Summons a raging storm to descend upon a group of enemies, greatly reducing their movement and attack speed while boosting the speed of all nearby by friendly units.

Phew, how's that for some ideas, lol ^_^

Let me know what you guys think.

Regards,

Jake

P.S.- Sorry for the quick triple post, 1000 character limit is a real pain, lol. :grin:

Hero- I like the Den Mother idea, it may replace the Overseer.
Siege Unit- Originally I planned on the Gnolls having a Battering Ram as their mechanical siege unit. Instead I went for the Gnoll Rockbreaker.
Another Defense Structure- I not really sure if it is truly needed. But I have an idea to change the rockbreaker to have an ability to set down its powder keg as base defense.

Level 23
I think, if she has two summonable body guards, that they should either have a time limit, or a limit to the number that can exist per player. As it is two summoned, as it currently stands, it results in a "spawn an army" workshop. :/

Personally, I would have liked another defensive structure, as the towers fell far too easily to enemy troops. It was like hacking down cardboard, as, even with numerous defensive "walls" in the way, they continued to drop like flies.

I rather liked the Overseer, but I would think that the females would not enter combat, and thus, the Den Mother would most likely be an occassional unit/hero in the campaign, like Rexxar was in TFT. Gnoll society appears closer to canine society, and the pack mentality. So, the alpha female doesn't usually enter fights unless it is to protect her cubs. So with her going into battle, she would actually distract her kin as they cannot focus on the enemy as much as they otherwise would, due to their duty to protect her.

Level 9
The Den Mother is meant to be a more passive hero, with limited offensive abilities, but boosting a wide range of helpful abilities, she’s alot like the paladin, nearly useless alone, nearly unbeatable when with allied units.

I belive she has a place in either campain or multiplayer, she fights to protect her pack, and if that means fighting toe to toe with the enemy then so be it. ^_^

As for her body guards, they work like the Crypt Lord's scarabs, two are summoned with each casting, they are permanent until slain, and she can only have two summoned at a time. If she casts the spell again the two she summoned are dismissed, like feral spirit.

Their meant to act as permanent body guards for her aiding her offensively, even though she has a ranged attack of her own to bring to bear.

Also you don't have to get rid of the Gnoll Overseer, each race in Warcraft III has access to 4 different heros, and even before The Frozen Throne each race had 3 heros.

Level 9
By the way Kimberly made an exception Gnoll Model, the HeroGnollSlicer, he'd make an excellent hero, a powerful melee hero like the Mountain King or Tauren Chieftain, meant to take a beating and give the enemy a Gnoll sized ass kicking they'll never forget. lol ^_^

I'd like to be a part of the campaign creation, if you'd let me, I have no skill in model or spell making per-say but I'm good at using the Warcraft III to make things like new units based on existing models, changing spells around, coming up with new spells, terrain and scaling doodads, ect.

Let me know If I could be of any help. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Jake Command Wolf said:
Also you don't have to get rid of the Gnoll Overseer, each race in Warcraft III has access to 4 different heros, and even before The Frozen Throne each race had 3 heros.

Current Heroes: Brute, Overseer, Warden, and Poacher, that is four already. But campaign heroes are needed and the den mother would make an excellent one. As for models, I am trying to stick to my own models so that the credit list won't be humungous. Currently I am in need of a design for a goblin/ogre controlled island under attack by naga forces for Chapter 4 so if you want to help with that or more hero ideas, go for it.

I have recently decided to move the Nesting Grounds to a teir 3 building and make a new structure for the tier 2 buildings. This building will be required for a new upgrade for the Savage Towers. This upgrade will make it so that Runts are no longer needed to attack.

Side note: Some goblins and ogres will become part of the race in chapters 4 and beyond. An Ogre spellcaster will be added as a third caster and a goblin flying unit will be added as a second flyer. Goblin seige machinery will be added to the new structure.

Level 4
Hey mates, Mephestrial just released his demo campaign a few days ago. If you were excited and waiting before, why don't you try it now and see just how cool and amazing it is. =) It's in the "Mephestrial's Gnoll Campaign" discussion here in this group. So go ahead and check it out. ;)

Come on mates, try to liven this group up a bit. It's been dead and silent for months now you know. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.