• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting random...

The lensflare might be fishy but this terrain is getting fishier.

Attachments

• Rise.png
    Rise.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 288
Level 36
Don't know about this being his "best one", to me it's a little too bland for that.

Don't get me wrong, doodad composition is neat, the atmosphere is nifty, if somewhat
boring, and lighting is... Well, terrible.

First off, the lantern lighting isn't fishy, it's shark-ass bad. It's too bright and it looks
fake, you can see the glow doodad, actually see it. Come on, Hein, you can do
better. I know you can.

Then there's the moon, that doesn't make sense at all, or it sort of does, if it's meant to
be covered by the clouds. But there should still be a tiny glow to it, even if it's behind
the clouds. Though, in a terrain like this, I think you should make the moon the focal
point, instead of the lantern, and keep the lantern as an off-point sort of tiny distraction.

And that strange tree on the right, I don't get it. I mean, I don't mind it, but I don't see
why you did it. Ah well. Other than those two factors I like it, the fog is, as I said, a
little bland, but I think that won't be the case if you give the moon some glow, it'll add
a little colour variation to the fog. I'm also not sure about the "perfect" frame of this
terrain, I know, I'm a hypocrite for saying it, I'm a hypocrite a lot these days, but it
sort of looks "constructed" more than natural. I think you should do something to...
Wilden it up a little.

I also think you should consider adding a very, very vague glow behind those two
mountains in the background. So that they are a little more apparent, currently you
have to sort of... Squint to see that they are even there, so on first glance it doesn't
look like the terrain has a lot of depth.

Fix up these tiny matters, and then I might consider agreeing that this is your best
work :p

Yeh with this terrain it kinda feels like your eyes are being pulled back, but cause the fog creates such a dense feel it's kinda difficult to overview.

I find that you pulled off a kinda deathly kinda feel to the terrain, so now all you need is a wolf and a full moon lol.

Anyway wonderful terrain otherwise and detailed like usual.

I do wonder how you pull some of the effects in these terrain though (this one in particular).

Status
Not open for further replies.