• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rising Isles

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Thunib Presents

(2)Rising isles
Created by Thunib

Map Info:

The recent earthquakes and the murloc magic’s have caused the rivers to be drained, be wary in these lands for the murlocs have called on forces beyond their control. You can survive only in this treacherous environment by your wits and strength

Features:

no of gold mines 2
no of expansion gold mines 2
gold in player gold mine 15000
gold in expansion gold mine 23000
Marketplace 1
Fountain of health 1
Goblin merchant 1
tavern 2
mercenary camp 2
Creep camps-
red 4
orange 7
green 6

Screenshot:

147376-albums6603-picture73297.jpg

Author's notes:
this a simple 1v1 map hope you enjoy the map
please sugest any changes and i will have them done,
Tried my best to terrain it.i just hope it satisfies all previous drawbacks

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
water,shallow,isles,rising
Contents

Rising Isles (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 17-Jul-13 (14:46:44)Critical Errors:Your Map has low quality terrain. Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created. Useful Links:The Important...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 17-Jul-13 (14:46:44)
Critical Errors:
Your Map has low quality terrain.
Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
Check comments below, users already pointed at critical errors.
Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable

[/hidden] tag missing after image [/img] tag. Update the description with the button in the top right corner. Nice work though +rep!

Sharp terrain and blizzard cliffs could be improved. See advanced terraining tutorial below.

@abgm: Ya, I don't really mind sharp terrain either but everyone says its bad. That tutorial has much more than cliffs and smooth tiles in it though. I do believe you can do better then blizzard cliffs, but its a bit of a pain and you need to be good or you will make them worse.

He had asked for advice in a rep comment. I was using "could" as in "its possible" not as in "you should."

Last edited:
Level 20
I like how symmetric the map is tho it's pretty empty :)
A river bushes and rocks won't hurt on the shallow areas of the map.
Also those Dark Grass tiles should be putted nearby the trees and the Grass Dirt should be like a road combined with the Dirt tile.
The rock layout looks weird too, it looks like a giant mutant alien with 3 horns, long arms, and 3 feet xD

P.S You chose the worst tileset ever xD